• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Recut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Recut:

what can I say, again? Thank you SoboFilms, and thank you all you guys in this community.

When I watched the movie I was dissapointed: There was too much of everything in this movie, very untidy, things that felt out of place, and there was too much that I disliked.

I however loved the visual style of this movie and the key moments worked for me, and felt there was an awesome movie hidden in there.

So, I was eagerly waiting for a skilled faneditor to turn out, and make a different cut that did not throw away the main story in this movie, but one that rescued it, and made it stronger. This is what SoboFilms has achieved here in my opinion.

SoboFilms' work is terrific, there is not one single idea I could suggest to improve it. I love the story now, I love the acting, I even like Rose!!

Luke's acting and place in the story feels great now, Snoke's demise is a very necessary step for Rey and Kylo, and all the final scene is superb... I don't know what to say.

Maybe this: with this cut of the movie, now I feel this movie is only second to The Empire Strikes Back in my order of preference. This is up there. A great Star Wars experience.

Technically the addition and cuts are all seamless, maybe I just felt a bit weird cut when Rose and Finn are waiting to be executioned by Phasma's stormtroopers. Only that. But after all the work Sobo went through to remove Del Toro, this seems like a minor detail.

THANK YOU.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-recut/discussions/9809/

Back
Top Bottom