• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Invisible Threads?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't know where to post this so off topic seems like the best place. 

I've heard people mention it occasionally but I don't know what these elusive "invisible threads" are exactly. 

How does one go about making one or even participating in one?

In my understanding, it's a running joke between mainly the staff. It can also be the private area of the forum accessible to only the staff (a.k.a. our secret lair deep inside FE.org) to discuss about Fe.org decisions, new staff members, and also who to ban/give infractions. But mainly to share bad jokes. ;)

invisible threads are what i wear when i be feelin' imperial.

theryaney said:
In my understanding, it's a running joke between mainly the staff. It can also be the private area of the forum accessible to only the staff (a.k.a. our secret lair deep inside FE.org) to discuss about Fe.org decisions, new staff members, and also who to ban/give infractions. But mainly to share bad jokes. ;)

That makes more sense. Although I do recall someone mentioning them to use as a place to share links. Went a little something like this;

Invisible threads and PMs exist for this sorta thing. Don't fill up a thread with requests.

It might of been Old Man Neglify, but I'm probably wrong.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
It might of been Old Man Neglify

Well that explains it.

In the future, please PM a staff member with questions of this matter. For now, know that the room of requirement will present itself to those who need it.

Just to clarify, there are no invisible threads or forums where people share links. Link sharing is what got FE.org shutdown years ago by the MPAA. Since then sharing links publicly is strictly prohibited.

Jeez. It's also code for Private Message.

and here I thought this is about a phantom thread fanedit...

If you are seeing invisible threads you should switch off your Resonator before things get out of hand (if it'll let you switch it off).

800_from_beyond_blu-ray_03_.jpg

Oooooooooohhhhh...those are jellyfish.  :p

Back
Top Bottom