• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare:

I've seen both, Rogue One The Battle of Scarif May and Star Wars Rise of the Rebellion - A Rogue One Edits and TM2YC's edit is very good.

I'll begin with a few things i don't like or i think could be improved.
1- Opening scene with the ISD next to Lah'mu when Krennic's shuttle Pteradon passes by doesn't look good to me. It is an ISD from ESB and it doesn't play well with the camera movement. I suggest removing this FX.
2- Death Star reveal: The overall idea and music/sound is great but the FX could be improved a bit. The desert planet IMO doesn't fit well and there are no sense of movement to Scariff (rotation) nor to the DS and her fleet from afar. It doesn't ruin the experience though. =)
3- I HATE the Bor Gullet scene, sorry TM2YC, and IMO, in that regard DigModiFicaTion's Rise of the Rebellion dealt with it very well, by removing it.
4- X-Wing engines are red in Eadu fight scene (EXCELLENT!) but they are purple again in the Battle of Scariff (ohh noo =(( )

These are my reasons for not giving 10 to Visual Editing and Enjoyment.

Apart from the things I've mentioned, i salute TM2YC for is hard work and vision. =)
I'll mention a few things that IMO, he nailed very well in his edit:
- COLOR CORRECTION! Excellent effort
- The reorganization of the movie into a more cohesive vision and narrative (EXCELLENT!)
- Many sound and FX effects that work very well to the best of his abilities so far
- Vader is used in a different and interesting way (EXCELLENT!)
- Krennic is presented in a more powerful way, adding more weight to is character (love Krennic, R.I.P) (EXCELLENT!)

Overall i'm very please with this edit. Great Work TM2YC. Hope you fans like it too.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-rogue-one-where-rebels-dare/discussions/9802/

Top Bottom