• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Movie Club (Bi-Weekly) - #4 The Grand Duel

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Welcome to MusicEd921's Movie Club![/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Here's how the movie club will work:[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]-We will view movies on a bi-weekly basis[/font]
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]-Each month will be a new theme.  This month is Would You Like a Little Parm on Your Spaghetti Western?[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Now, for our first serving of the month.....[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]
v1.bTsxMTIxOTM1MjtqOzE3NzY5OzEyMDA7MTQ2NzsxOTU2
[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]SYNOPSIS[/font][font=Raleway, sans-serif]: A grizzled ex-sheriff helps a man framed for murder to confront the powerful trio of brothers who want him dead.[/font][/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]AVAILABILITY: [/font][font=Raleway, sans-serif]This film is available on Amazon PRIME.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]PAIRS NICELY WITH:[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Beer - [/font][font=Raleway, sans-serif]A nice amber ale pairs nicely with this serving of spaghetti.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Wine -  [/font][font=Raleway, sans-serif]A Cabernet Sauvignon goes well with Van Cleef's meat saucey performance[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Cocktail - [/font][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Italian Cocktails[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif][font=Raleway, sans-serif]Anyone interested in viewing has 2 weeks (May 4th-May 18th).  In that time, please feel free to comment with your thoughts and reviews.  Any MAJOR spoilers, please use the spoiler tags.  Happy viewing![/font][/font]

Found it in my collection, will post my thoughts later.  :cool:

Fanedit.org Movie Club Movie #4
Drug of choice - Ganja, of course

This was kick-ass. The main musical theme by maestro Luis Bacalov is mesmerizing and I can see why Tarantino loves using Bacalov's music. Lee Van Cleef is at the top of his game as the true King of Spaghetti Westerns. The choreography of the gunfights rivals that of Sam Peckinpah films. This isn't an "instant classic" but it's just a notch below flicks like "Death Rides a Horse" or OG "Django".

Speaking of Peckinpah and Italians... a day before watching this I picked up a book of western stories by a female writer, Katherine Anne Porter, with the middle story being called "Noon Wine" which Peckinpah adapted into an episode of a 50s Western serial show, which I saw a couple years ago. And then the next day I picked up a "How to Learn Italian" type of book made in the style of a fun daily activity book. I was all set then to watch an awesome Italian Western.

4/5

Neglify said:
Fanedit.org Movie Club Movie #4
Drug of choice - Ganja, of course

This was kick-ass. 

Damn it, Neglify. We aren't meant to be watching Kick Ass this week.

Back
Top Bottom