• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Arrested Development Season 4 Gets Remixed

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the discussion thread for Arrested Development Season 4 Gets Remixed. Post away!

It’s no secret that the fourth season of Arrested Development annoyed fans. Each episode was longer than a typical comedy show and focused on one character causing the overall season to tell a story out of order. That is finally about to be remedied.

Show creator Mitch Hurwitz confirmed earlier this week that the season’s remixed version will finally be released on May 4. The longer original 15 episodes have been chopped up and reordered. This new version, Arrested Development Season 4 Remix: Fateful Consequences, will now have shorter 22 minute episodes with the characters stories interwoven.

If you were disappointed with Season 4 of Arrested Development, then it may be time to revisit the show.

Happy Cinco de Cuatro!

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great news! Season 4 really didn't work for me.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also heard they were doing new narration to go with it!  I'm SUPER looking forward to checking this out.  Brilliant idea and probably something that could've been done from the start to battle the busy schedules of the cast/crew.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is it a DVD release or will it be coming to Netflix?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Netflix only as far as I can tell.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice! It'll be fun to compare it to the fanedited season 4 which set out to accomplish the same thing. Obviously this will be better but I'm curious to see where the ideas converge/diverge.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Nice! It'll be fun to compare it to the fanedited season 4 which set out to accomplish the same thing. Obviously this will be better but I'm curious to see where the ideas converge/diverge.

From what I understand, they have additional footage and a new narration to make it work like the original three seasons.  I think it will be just one of those situations where a fan edit just can’t compete. I really disliked season four, so I’m cautiously hopeful that it can be saved.

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Nice! It'll be fun to compare it to the fanedited season 4 which set out to accomplish the same thing. 

OooOoooOOOoOoOoO - I didn't know someone had attempted a fanedit...

Was it good?

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
The Scribbling Man said:
Was it good?

Well, it was better than the original version of Season 4 at least.

Yep, exactly how I'd put it. I won't go into any detail because it's not listed here but it should be pretty easy to find out there on the world wide web.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think, especially given the cast limitations they were working with, that Season 4 is criminally underrated.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished the first episode of the remixed version and thought it was great. It’s been so lon since I watched the original season four, I’m not sure what’s different, other than I obviously everyone’s is in the episode.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been watching the remix and I'm loving it so far!  That BAD CGI though.....lol

rb

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just seen the first ep of the remix on Netflix and as above, it's such a joy! Feels like classic Arrested Development, every joke gets tweaked and trimmed to "cram down" to the 22-minute network TV clock but we lose nothing since the ep count itself can go as high as they like, plus as mentioned all the new VO work really jazzes things up. Breathless pacing, hilarious, I love it. Really fantastic. Abandoning all plans this week and just watching the remix season. :)

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've watched 4 episodes. Pretty good. Not perfect, but miles more entertaining than the original season 4, IMO. 

Looks like season 5 isn't far away either. 

A while back there were rumours of a movie - is that still a thing? Or has it been long abandoned now that the series is back up and running?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My wife and I have been enjoying it too. Much better than the original version.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve liked it a lot. Not that far in but it’s very good and, as stated, much better than it was before. I’m optimistic about season five. On a side note, my brother got to go on hop on the stair car yesterday in Austin. 

966964_F6-9463-4_C61-9049-4044_D4_C1_A6_EB.jpg

Top Bottom