• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Power Rangers

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think the plot really helps "fix" plot holes from Legendary Battle

For example

1. You could make the case now that Wes was the one who recruited all of the Rangers across time and space for that particular episode using Time Force technology

2. Tommy's multi-task morpher explains his returning powers and the inconsistency of going from white to green in that episode

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes.

I just counted how many 'anniversary specials' we're getting this year

1. Shattered Grid 
2. Dimensions in Danger
3. Dino Mega Charge (unofficial but with two 'proper' Rangers)
4. Legacy Wars (ironically the one I'm looking forward to most but will be the last out!)

You/I are going to try and merge them all into one special, right?! ;)

It's all changed with multimedia and apparantly Hasbro want to up their game top put more stuff out beyond the annual season.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DANLAV05 said:
Yes.

1. Shattered Grid 
2. Dimensions in Danger
4. Legacy Wars (ironically the one I'm looking forward to most but will be the last out!)

I have ideas for the Street Fighter crossover...maybe a unique extended cut of my Legendary Battle edit since Gia is involved :D

Depends on how I can make things fit.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
DANLAV05 said:
Yes.

1. Shattered Grid 
2. Dimensions in Danger

I have ideas for the Street Fighter crossover...maybe a unique extended cut of my Legendary Battle edit since Gia is involved :D

Depends on how I can make things fit.

Hmmm ok. Will deffo have a play myself once I get all the footage on here

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points

OK I'm kind of gong crazy with excitement right now!! Got an idea to mix this with other stuff to construct a 'Shattered Grid' motion comic/test film

I had a bit of a brainwave about Dimensions in Danger despite not seeing it yet, @"Zarius" I wanna pass this by you - both this episode and Legendary feature Tommy as MM Green, Wes as TF Red and TJ as Space Blue, so what if you used some of the Veteran Ranger footage from Legendary Battle (the only bit I give a toss about tbf!! The long bit in the middle with just the Megaforce Rangers means nothing to me) in it - More Rangers = more teams represented, maybe there will be a place for the montage where their saving dogs, kids and people from elevators and perhaps the Legendary Battle itself. 

With the opening montage you could slice Dino Mega Charge in two for three and include that as part of it?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It'll have to depend on the footage...Drayvon's army seems to be just the Ranger clones, you'd have to find a way of explaining why there's X-Borgs

Mind you, in my very old Scorpion Rain edit, Zedd summoned Cogs so internal logic does'nt seem to be a care of mine :p

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
It'll have to depend on the footage...Drayvon's army seems to be just the Ranger clones, you'd have to find a way of explaining why there's X-Borgs

Mind you, in my very old Scorpion Rain edit, Zedd summoned Cogs so internal logic does'nt seem to be a care of mine :p

AS long as there's a narrative!

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok they’ve just played Shattered Grid Live on twitch, which means there’s a high quality version not a phone.

I only caught the end :(

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty cool fan film, UNWORTHY.... but be warned... the ending is a cliffhanger.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ3-APxaX0Y[/video]

So I am way out of my depth with PR.  While I always try to check out each new incarnation when they premiere, most do little to hold my attention.  I think the last incarnation I watched entirely was Jungle Fury, which felt fresh and fun.

I have not read the new comic series, but based on the rave reviews, I may have to pick up the eventual Shattered Grid trade.

My question, is the Multiverse part of PR canon?   I mean, to me it is the only way to explain the away the multiple and seemingly contradictory PR series post-InSpace?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Pretty cool fan film, UNWORTHY.... but be warned... the ending is a cliffhanger.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ3-APxaX0Y[/video]

So I am way out of my depth with PR.  While I always try to check out each new incarnation when they premiere, most do little to hold my attention.  I think the last incarnation I watched entirely was Jungle Fury, which felt fresh and fun.

You should really attempt to check out the entirety of Power Rangers RPM, largely considered one of the darkest and best series. Dino Charge is also fairly good, but does suffer from an abundance of filler in the latter half as well as a divisive ending. 

I have not read the new comic series, but based on the rave reviews, I may have to pick up the eventual Shattered Grid trade.

Yeah, give it a go, I don't think it's quite lived up to the hype, but a lot of the premise is really uncharted territory for the show and it's really helped make it cool and accessible to the mainstream again.

My question, is the Multiverse part of PR canon?   I mean, to me it is the only way to explain the away the multiple and seemingly contradictory PR series post-InSpace?

Yeah, it was decided shortly after the show came back that each season would be it's own universe.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The comics are a semi-reboot set after Green With Evil but in the modern day, not 1993. The multiverse is explained in the comics as a new thing caused by Drakkon because of his meddling with time and space - each Ranger team is in its own pocket dimension.

I was a fan from MMPR-Lightspeed Rescue. I kind of dipped in for example with Forever Red but came back around 5 years ago by various means and I avidly read the comic, I've seen most of the seasons except Jungle Fury and Mystic Force which I'm not interested in - I watched bits of Samurai and Megaforce but I don't watch episode by episode - Dimensions in Danger will be my first Ninja Steel! i saw nothing of Dino Charge. On TV basically I just come back for the anniversaries!

Of the 'new' seasons Time Force and Dino Thunder stuck out as being particularly good, I tired with the popular RPM but it didn't gel with me.

The 2017 movie was good and if there's a sequel then great. I might have to check out Beast Morphers! It seems like (hopefully) Bat in the Sun are working with Hasbro on more new content now.

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Edited from the Power Morphicon live feed, this is the incredible performance of scenes from BOOM! Studios incredible run of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, particularly the 'Shattered Grid' event.

This is by far the biggest Power Rangers story ever produced, featuring characters and teams from all 25 years of the franchise. I've cut out some narration, pauses and audience reactions to make it more like an audio play. Also we begin with the two trailers for the event.

Witness actors/voice actors such as Walter Jones (Zack), Barbara Goodson (Rita) and David J Fielding (Zordon) not only play their characters for the first time in 20 years but add nuance to their characters like never before, thanks to the genius and emotive  writing of Kyle Higgins - even Paul Schrier and Jason Narvy get to prove that Bulk & Skull can be much more than comic relief!

While some characters are reprised by the original actors, others weer unavailable so other Ranger veterans are used, but every single performer gives it their all - Peter Sudarso's speeches as Jason and the emotion Meghan Camarena gives to Kim is of particular note.

EVERY FAN NEEDS TO WITNESS THIS!

CAST
Lord Drakkon/Tommy - JASON DAVID FRANK (trailers - original actor)/JASON FAUNT (Time Force)
Jason Lee Scott/Yellow Sentry - PETER SUDARSO ([Super] Ninja Steel/Hyper Force)
Kimberley Hart - MEGHAN CAMARENA (Hyper Force)
Trini Kwan/Lauren Shiba - CIARA HANNA ([Super] Megaforce)
Zack Taylor (x2!) - WALTER JONES (original cast - first time in the role since Season 2!)
Jen Scotts - ERIN CAHILL (reprising her role from Time Force)
Bulk/Red Sentry Leader - PAUL SCHRIER (who else!?)
Skull - JASON NARVY (original actor)
Doggie Cruger/Alpha 5/Ranger Sentry - KELSON HENDERSON (Various roles and voice roles from Dino Thunder to Super Ninja Steel)
Rita Repulsa - BARBARA GOODSON (original voice actress from MMPR to In Space)
Squatt/Babboo/Goldar - MICHAEL SORICH (original Squatt voice actor)
Finster/Finster 5 - TOM WYNER (Master Vile's voice in MMPR/Zeo)

Written and narrated by KYLE HIGGINS
Additional scenes by RYAN PARROTT
Music by RON WASSERMAN
Art by DANIELE di NICUOLO
Logo by BILICO86 [bilico86.deviantart.com]

Power Rangers now owned by Hasbro, no infringement intended
[/font]

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:

"Surprise comeback" ROTFL sorry i love jdf but him coming back now isn't a surprise eh? :p

The next lines revealed:

KODA:
Who's that?

WES:
The greatest Ranger whoever lvied

DIRECTOR:
Cut! OK that was great Mr Faunt but can you kinda, you know-not grit your teeth when you're saying that line?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like those rumors of a potential extended cut may be accurate, as Nick have uploaded the full uncut version of the Tommy vs Tommy fight scene from the episode (the Black Dino Thunder Ranger footage was cut for time)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Okay!  That was actually kind of cool and fun, says the almost 50 year old geek.

Too bad I don't get Nick in my cable package...

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whoops, I uploaded the edited version of the fight

Here's Nick's official extended version

Top Bottom