• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The FanEdit.org "Worst Movies Ever Made" List!!!!

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The Worst Movie Ever Made!" according to FanEdit.org

"The Worst Movie Ever Made!" is a term used far too much and I think it may have something to do with the ever falling quality of major movie releases.

BUT... I think I have really seen the worst movie ever made...really.....it makes Plan 9 from Outer Space (1953) look like and art house classic! It is even worse than Batman and Robin (1997) or 10,000 BC (2008), if that is even possible?

So how about we find out what is FanEdit.org's opinion as to the "worst movie of all time!".

Make a list of your 10 worst movies ever and on the 1st of January we will have a consensus based on the amount of times a certain film is featured in these lists.

Mine goes as follows and weirdly enough, all but one is from the new millennium! Dumb-Down-Time Folks!

1. Mamma Mia! (2008)
2. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
3. Norbit (2007)
4. Lost In Space (1998)
5. I Heart Huckabees (2004)
6. 10,000 BC (2008)
7. Le Divorce (2003)
8. Bandidas (2006)
9. The Da Vinci Code (2006)
10. The Legend Of Bagger Vance (2000)

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nothing really changed for me since "top of the crap" topic ..so I just copy my list:

1.Titanic
2.Gladiator
3.we were solidiers
4.mission imposible 2
5.Rules OF Engagement
6.American Pie
7.Aeon flux
8.Ultraviolet.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Billy Wilder thought Titanic was crap too, so you are in distinguished company, Voold!

...and I forgot to mention Day Of The Dead (2008) and Indy 4 (2008)

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm...

Alone in the Dark
Starship Troopers 2
Streetfighter
Arizona Werewolf
Battlefield Earth
American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt
Best of the Best 2
Mortal Kombat - Annihilation
Komodo
Kickboxer 2

Tricky to actually chose anything!

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
seed
blood rayne
lost boys 2
house of the dead
every movie that has an ´episode´ in the title
most movies with matthew mcconnegue (how do you spell that bastard?)
all bollywood movies
some movies that have a ´clone´ in the title

and many many more

spelledaren

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I forgot about the Dragonlance movie!
Man! Argh! I did seriously not go a single minute without crying out loud because I felt so sick. That was probably the worst experience with movies ever.

Way to ruin a nice book...

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave is by far the worst movie ever created. Then there's the entire Violent Shit-series. Also, I greatly dislike Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma.

I must say, I'm shocked to see the movies some people have posted here. Sure, they're bad movies but sweet jesus they aren't the worst ever by any means. Maybe that's just me though since I've seen so much bizarre crap throughout my life.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you're getting confused between badly made/not to your liking and worst ever.

not seen i spit on your grave so i cant comment but a lot of feminists sure do like it and i have seen a Docu on it but Salo while not being an easy or particularly enjoyable movie to sit through its definitely no contender for worst movie ever. it might not be your cup of tea and it certainly isnt mine (i am yet to actually sit through it til the end) but its not a bad movie per se and totally pails in comparison to some of the cinematic crocks that have already been posted here.

oops. IMHO of course :)

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
messenjah14 said:
Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma.

yeah. that was some weird shit. didn´t make it through the whole thing, too.

but messenjah is right. there is some bad bad crap out there but spiderman 3, gladiator, titanic and indy 4? i didn´t like one of them but certainly there are about a gazillion really bad movies out there

oh and: ´violent shit´? i always thought something that is called like that to be in the weird shit eating xxx stuff?

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
spelledaren said:
Starship Troopers 2

:lol:

really? there´s a sequel?

i didn´t even know such a thing existed!

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to add to my list miami vice, death proof and Indy 4.....

bizarre craps are not craps!!! when you have 10,000 $ budget it is easy to make crap .....but when you have +100mln$ budget and you make crap that I call worst movie ever made! ;) yeah...list of "B" movies is long....but who cares? when well known director makes something like "G.I. Jane" that is really bad movie imo.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, n0mArch, I agree. Salo is pretty grim and I have need been able to see the whole thing myself but I could not call it one of the worst films ever made. It might be one of the most perverse and twisted movies ever but unfortunately not one of the the worst.

So messenjah14 and n0mArch where are your lists?

Heinrich said:
there is some bad bad crap out there but spiderman 3, gladiator, titanic and indy 4?

Yes Heinrich, Spider-Man 3 is that bad. I dare you try and watch it again!

robbievaliant

Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. TWILIGHT. Curse you and your abomination sparklypants vampires, Stephanie Meyer.

2. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

3. MANOS, the Hands of Fate

4 onwards- the filmography of Sandy Frank.

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
messenjah14 said:
I Spit on Your Corpse, I Piss on Your Grave is by far the worst movie ever created. Then there's the entire Violent Shit-series. Also, I greatly dislike Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma.

I must say, I'm shocked to see the movies some people have posted here. Sure, they're bad movies but sweet jesus they aren't the worst ever by any means. Maybe that's just me though since I've seen so much bizarre crap throughout my life.
Maybe the list should be about mainstream movies or movies with a budget over 50 million.
'cause when you start dredging the low budget, obscure avant-garde documentary/experimental cinema swamp, there will be no end in sight.
Anybody ever catch Institute Benjamenta? one of the few films that instilled suicide thoughts in myself.

voodl

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe the list should be about mainstream movies or movies with a budget over 50 million.

Exactly!...it is for me!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mollo said:
It might be one of the most perverse and twisted movies ever but unfortunately not one of the the worst.

yep i think that about sums it up, and i REALLY like my Cat 3 J Movies.

as for my list i'll give it a go. in no particular order

Mortal Kombat 2 - The first one was so good!

LoTR/Hobbit Animated Versions

King Solomons Mines (pretty much ALL versions but the 80's remake really sucked a big bag of dicks)

Battlefield Earth - Truly, truly awful

Stephen Kings IT - Did you read the book

HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy (Sorry folks but ive been reading the books for over 20 years and other than Magrathea, this was a pile of shit and a real kick in the nuts to Douglas)

Dune - Sci-Fi Channel Version

Children of Dune - Sci Fi Channel Version (OMG this was absolutely horrific)

Secret of Nimh - Did you read the book?

The Shining - Kubrick Edition - Did you read the Book? Plus I REALLY hated the actors that played the wife and kid. thought Nicholson was superb though

im sure i'll think of a load more after i hit the post button but for the mo thats me.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy (Sorry folks but ive been reading the books for over 20 years and other than Magrathea, this was a pile of shit and a real kick in the nuts to Douglas)

The Shining - Kubrick Edition - Did you read the Book? Plus I REALLY hated the actors that played the wife and kid. thought Nicholson was superb though

Somehow I knew The Shinning would make the list but well spotted with HitchHikers, a terrible version, truly awful and a real bastardization! The BBC TV series was great!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Unspeakable" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277412/
Its the only movie that was so fucking bad I had to turn it off. and I'll watch just about anything, even utter crap, till the end. It starred dennis hopper and figured it be an ok rental. how wrong I was. worst movie ever.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mollo said:
nOmArch said:

Somehow I knew The Shinning would make the list but well spotted with HitchHikers, a terrible version, truly awful and a real bastardization! The BBC TV series was great!

lol. Dude, I love you. i've read endless articles (nowhere near a 100 though ;) ) that bang on about why HHGttG was great, and it simply wasnt. it did have its moments though i'll give it that but something DNA would have been proud of? i think not.

When Mark Kermode (sorry non uk people you wont know who that is) interviewed the director he actually told him he fucked up HH good and proper. :)

TV Series FTW (to borrow an americanism)

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1. The Shining - I hated it, everything about it (European version). The film never did anything for me at all. Hammy acting, weak scares, far too long. Did not deserve an 18 rating at all.
2. Battlefield Earth - this is the reason why Scientology needs to be exterminated. So they won't stink up the world with their shitty so-called literature. Arggh, this film made me want to kill myself.
3. "Manos" The Hands of Fate - only watchable if you see the MST3K version, which is by the way, bloody hilarious.
4. Spider-Man 3 - Everything they did right in Spider-Man 2 (which was by the way the best in the series) they did really badly wrong here.
5. Titanic - Insipid, irritating, overlong sludge.

Top Bottom