• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future - The Reality Cut Redux

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
m74yNy1.png

What if Doc and Marty real life? That's the question this fanedit aims to answer, it's a more grounded and realistic version of the film with some of the more non-sensical things cut out or trimmed.

CUTLIST:
- Removed all swearing and bad language with the TV dub (You're gonna see some serious stuff, etc.)
- Cropped all 1955 scenes to 4:3, made B/W and added some grain
- Many other trims, cuts and additions.

The edit is currently available for download as well if you are interested.

A little background: 
A few years ago, an editor named MovieJim created the Reality Cut, but it wasn't approved for many technical issues that he never fixed. I've since updated his edit fixing all the technical problems and changing a few things here and there. It could be called a remaster, but it's more of a rebooted version of the original edit.

Trailer made with TeamNegitive1's 35mm scan of the original teaser as it's the highest quality version out there. I did do some minor colour corrections though.

Remakes of movies
Remakes of TV shows
Now remakes of Fanedits

addiesin said:
What are if Doc and Mary real life?

Mary? You're meant to be clearing up the confusion here, addiesin, not adding to it  ;)

Can you give more info? Currently this sounds very vague. 

Is it actually based at all on the reality cut? Or are you just using the title? 

Why does removing swearing make it more realistic (not that I have a problem with that)? 

What kind of "nonsensical" things are you removing? Time-travel? Retroactive incest?

The key changes you've highlighted are removing bad language and applying a black and white filter, neither of which spell "reality" to me. Both colour and colourful language are rather common real life experiences.

It is based on The Reality Cut and I aimed to do the same thing as the original editor, both of which he made in B/W and cut the bad language. He did it a bit rough, so I've cleaned all of this up. I don't want to spoil it too much as it really is an experience as many people have said about the original. Mine is a bit different to it though in ways. I'll add some more info to the first post

This was real fun. Won't spoil the major changes, but it's a significant improvement. Only niggle I would say is the closing text at the end could be a bit more polished, but I don't know if this was a tribute to the "Style" of the original cut or not.

Good work.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
He did it a bit rough, so I've cleaned all of this up.

Considering the original was rejected because of said edits. Please post examples before saying this is done.

I don't want to spoil it too much as it really is an experience as many people have said about the original. Mine is a bit different to it though in ways. I'll add some more info to the first post

Last time you said this, the content was ultra violent and sexualized and resulted in it not being fit for ifdb. Please do share your changes so we know what we are getting into. Thanks.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
What if Doc and Marty real life? That's the question this fanedit aims to answer, it's a more grounded and realistic version of the film with some of the more non-sensical things cut out or trimmed.

What if Doc and Marty accidentally the whole thing?

When will you make original fanedits? Why waste time recreating past bullshit, again?

Neglify said:
When will you make original fanedits? Why waste time recreating past bullshit, again?

That seems like a harsh statement. If he wants to remake a couple of older fanedits and that's what he enjoys doing, then why not? He's not doing anything wrong. 

Plus, most of Bobson's complete and in-the-works projects are Extended Editions (Winter Soldier, BTTF, Spiderman 3, Homecoming), not remakes of past edits.

Added trailer to the first post 

Neglify said:

Sorry man, the T2 edit was more for myself and I decided to share it beacuse I thought people would be interested in it.
I'm still making original edits as well though, I'm hoping to get the Greater Scott Edition up in the next few days with Justice League (hopefully) shortly coming after that.

Neglify said:

"I deny this reality"

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but that's how I am. Either way, I can't stop you from doing what you want to do. I just want you to create more original work here. That's all I'll say about it, I'll show myself out.

This edit is now on ifdb future boy.

Already left a review...something I'd gladly have given the original too if I could ;)

Scribbling Man's review said:
Either way, I wouldn't class this as a fanmix as such, but as either a "Preservation" or "Special Project", since this isn't really an original work.

Concur. This should be in Special PJs.

Back
Top Bottom