• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Covers and Criterions by Dugnutt

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Bobson Dugnutt!  I am getting ready to release my Star Wars II and III fanedit called “Revenge of the Sith: A Star Wars Story”… 

Would you be willing to give a go at doing a cover art for it?  

If you accept, could you please try one out that uses this teaser poster?  
https://goo.gl/images/TD2xdg

Let me know… thank you!

I can absolutly have a go at it. I've never seen that poster before, but heck is it good. Do you have a synopsis or some info for the back of the cover? And also would you like a Criterion-esque cover?

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, that poster has been somewhat forgotten but it was one the first posters to be released and it is indeed wonderful.  

A Criterion-esque cover would be awesome but I trust you.  You are free to do what you think would fit best.  

As for the back of the cover, I would go with this description: 

“In this fanedit of the Star Wars prequels, Canon Editor attempts to give the Anakin Skywalker’s story the Anthology-style revamp.  “By readjusting the narrative of episodes II and III, I tried to create a standalone entry in the Star Wars saga that could be seen separate from the golden original trilogy.  The Kamino subplot is completely absent, General Grievous is never seen and the story is simpler than the originals’.  The focus is kept on Anakin Skywalker’s descent to the dark side, beginning with his mother’s death 30 minutes in the movie and culminating with his transformation into the dark lord of the Sith, Darth Vader.  Many deleted scenes have been reinstated and other have been completely excised, in order to give the viewer a new experience in the Star Wars franchise.” 

That kind of sucks, I guess, so you can jazz-riff on it in any way you want.  Have fun!  

The runtime is 139 minutes (2h19min.). 
The edit is in DVD quality, not HD.  
I’m not planning on including any special features, but I may include a commentary further down the road if response to the edit turns out to be good.  

Thank you Bobson!

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Absolutely!  Having two cover-artists (and editors) such as you two working on cover arts for one of my edits is a GREAT honour!  Thank you @"theryaney"!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a work in progress cover with the main layout being completed. 
cl8O7H6.png

I think it needs a splash of colour on the spine box, maybe a deep red. But I'd like to know your opinion

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That is Just AMAZING.  It is EXACTLY what I had in my head.  That is just incredible.  Thank you.  A splash of colour could be added.  Go for it.
Nonetheless, remember the quality is PAL DVD, not Blu-ray.  @"Bobson Dugnutt"

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Bobson!  I thought I could take another post to elaborate a bit more on your beautiful cover artwork.

• I love the new logo.  That is beautiful, seemless, shiny, clear, wonderful all-in-all.  Thank you.  Could I ask you if it was possible to have the .png file of the logo so I can embed it in the thread for the fanedit? 

• The written paragraph on the back is very good and works.  Thank you for polishing it.  The only minor nitpick I have is there should be a blank space between the comma and "beginning" (line 8).

• The 5.1 surround logo at the bottom looks squashed, but I wouldn't know if that is correct.

• I would perhaps add "A Canon Editor fan edit" on the back of the cover (not on the front which is perfect).

• The still of Anakin and Obi-Wan works, despite not being the best shot in the films (haha).

• Perhaps where now is a black space, beneath the still, we could add a number of major changes to the edit?  Let me know what you think about this. 

• The runtime has been cut down of a minute (138 minutes now).

Almost forgot: it would be awesome if you wanted to make a disc art too, but it's your choice :p !

Again, I can't praise your work enough and am looking forward to an updated version!

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Bobson!  Glad to see you're back online. 
First of all, ongratulations on the X-Men covers, they look wonderful!
Secondly, I wanted to ask you if you had in mind to fix the error on the cover of your Revenge of the Sith: A Star Wars Story cover.  As you know, I am really fond of it but cannot use it unless it is complete.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
Hey Bobson!  Glad to see you're back online. 
First of all, ongratulations on the X-Men covers, they look wonderful!
Secondly, I wanted to ask you if you had in mind to fix the error on the cover of your Revenge of the Sith: A Star Wars Story cover.  As you know, I am really fond of it but cannot use it unless it is complete.

It's been fixed (I had my name there as I just use the template for myself mostly) but still is not finished. I've used your feedback accordingly and changed it up. Still haven't really got anything for the bottom section though, so we'll see

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New cover for my edit - Doctor Strange: Dark Dimensions 

4MkISk1.jpg

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson,
I would like to get (or have made) the sleeve art, and the (cardboard) case for the 2015 Complete Saga set. I have the 2011 and am not a fan of the case or it's artwork. I really like the multi-disc case, its sleeve art, and the box art of the 2015. The discs are the same. Please advise as to how I could get them, aside from purchasing the 2015 version, if possible.

Top Bottom