• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Meg

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE-MEG-Jaws.jpg

After being stuck in 'development hell' for many years, this long-mooted 'monster shark' project has finally surfaced...and I'm hopeful that it'll be a decent bit of big dumb fun overall.

I've never read the original source material for this, so have no expectations...but I'm aware of the novel's opening prologue scene, and am hopeful it will be included -

A Tyrannosaurus Rex chases a meal down to the shoreline millions of years ago, and is itself attacked by a huge Meg. :)

Anyway, here's the trailers for it for anyone who haven't seen them yet -

THE MEG trailer - 

THE MEG 'international' trailer -

Jason Statham = *shudders*

"Hey guys, how about we remake Jaws... only we make the shark bigger?"

lol, wow. CHOMP...

How are we still throwing this much money at movies this dumb?

It looks very similar to the masterpiece of Deep Blue Sea.

This won't get me onto a movie seat. But I know I'll buy the blu-ray when it hits $5.

I hope they don't actually make the shark that big.
842px-Megalodon_scale.svg.png

The size already looks pretty inconsistent in the trailer.

It looks fun in a "big-budget version of a SyFy movie" sort of way. Jason Statham is slightly odd casting as the lead, though. He comes across as a bit too serious for something this goofy. It's the kind of role that would usually go to someone more humorous, like Dwayne Johnson.

WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BITE...

It looks as if the tone of this thing was substantially altered for the final edit, and the interview with Statham seems to indicate he thought it was headed a different way too -

http://www.darkhorizons.com/initial-cut-of-the-meg-was-very-r-rated/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/the-meg-heads-for-a-soft-20m-opening/

Interview - http://collider.com/jason-statham-interview-the-meg-hobbs-and-shaw/#dwayne-johnson

Okay, so my wife happens to be a big Jason Statham fan (I know, go figure!  :rolleyes: ), and we have younger members of the family who happen to be right into the whole 'shark' thing at the moment, so it's a no-brainer for me to take them along to the big screen for this.  However, I'm now gonna have to forget about this 'deleted' info. to try and get the best out of the movie during my viewing.  But if I end up liking it, I'm hoping that some of these finished non-PG-13 moments will at least be included in the 'extras' of the home release, to allow a harder-edged version to be knocked up eventually.

i trust statham deploys his martial arts skills against the creature.

Back
Top Bottom