• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Bionic Retirement

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not really sure if this is the right thread to post this but....

I have pretty much been retired from Fan Editing for a couple of years now, though I kept my MediaFire accounts active on the off chance I might get pulled back into the editing game.

But now real world budget time has come and I have to be honest with myself that even if I do maybe attempt any serious editing projects sometime in the future, I can not afford to keep paying for a Hosting Site for a "maybe/someday" project.  lol

So I have given cancellation notice to my two Mediafire accounts.  One went offline this past week and the other will be offline in a few months.

And since my old edits have had very little download activity on them for the past couple of years, I will not be re-uploading my fan edits to other free sites.  Thus, I sent an email to the other site that shall not be named to have them remove all my listings since the download links are or will be dead.

I do not plan on abandoning the site as I love this forum and community too much.  It has been one of the best and most joyous experiences of my life.  The Admin team here is one of the BEST on the Net.  They make this site a welcoming and nurturing creative environment for lovers of story and storytellers.  There is not enough accolades for all the hard work and passion they devote to this site and to the genre of fan editing.   As I said, this is my favourite place to come every day and I plan to continue to visit and partake when and where I can.

But for now, I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me and my fan edits over the years.   I can not express properly or deeply enough how much I appreciate all that everyone has contributed and taught me over the years.   

As a certain Starfleet Captain said, "It was fun."  :D

Because words seem insufficient, I offer this a/v presentation. Thank you bionicbob.

Glad you'll be sticking around! It'd be a shame to lose your comments. :)

Thank you for making this a better place, Bob.

For those who have yet to acquire the following @"bionicbob" edits...

John Carter of Mars

Kick-Ass 2 - Justice Forever (one of my all time favourite edits)

...do so soon as they are fab... and his 3 "Strikes" edits... and his Star Trek edits... and well all of them :) .

Darn it! This sucks. Why can't faneditors be immortal (and rich)? 

Which of your edits are still available for grabs, Bob? Or have they all now disappeared into the frightening and dreadful void of inevitability?

The Scribbling Man said:
Which of your edits are still available for grabs, Bob? Or have they all now disappeared into the frightening and dreadful void of inevitability?

Still available until July 2018:

THE PHANTOM STRIKES
JOHN CARTER OF MARS
KICK ASS 2 JUSTICE FOREVER
STAR TREK THIS OTHER EDEN V.2
STAR TREK THE KHITOMER CONSPIRACY
STAR TREK WRATH OF THE AUGMENTS
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE SECOND COMING
CYBORG THE RETRO-CON CUT
CYBORG 5 ATTACK OF THE FEMBOTS
CYBORG 6 EVE OF DESTRUCTION
CYBORG 7 DEATH FROM VENUS
David Kerin's BATTLESTAR GALACTICA LEGACY'S END

All of my other remaining edits were on a different account.  That one is definitely cancelled but I am still able to log in and I see my edits are still sitting there and I tried to download The Shadow Strikes with Jdownloader and it showed all files still online and started to download.   So I don't know how long that will last...?  But if there is something you are interested in, grab it while you can.   :p

Sad to hear you are retiring from the fanedit thing BB, but as long as you are staying around for the convo and the input though its all good... I'm sure we will all do that at some point and it only takes one unshakeable idea to change your mind...

Actual footage of eveyone rushing to download bionicbobs edits

Sorry to hear you're hanging up your fan-editing scissors (that's what you guys use, right..?) but glad you're still sticking around. Your knowledge, passion for the big & small screen and good humour exemplify what I love about this site.

P.S. 'Saga of the Apes' is still one of my favourites.

i had to double and triple check the date of Bob's post.
4/6/18.  nope.  it's no joke.
i also add that i'm glad you're sticking around the forums.
there is still hope to return to the old time-line work space.
my wife has a cousin who used to play in a band.  small time, but straight legit tours and long hair and a mind spinning technical knowledge of music and production.
then he met a girl and started a family and his music production days took the cliche backseat.
but the passion never fully died and he would tinker a bit as music people do.... i guess.  i'm not a music guy, i have no idea.
his kids grew to an age where they pretty much take care of themselves, as they do.  my own are only a handful of years away from that.  and he's finding himself being drawn back into the local music scene.
my point, if i had one to begin with... if you love something enough, it will sneak back into your routine some day.
i look at his life, which is about a decade ahead of my own path, and it gives me hope that i'll get spare time back again.
now, if you'll excuse me . . . i have some Star Trek edits to search.

Bob, your edits were always an inspiration to me and really got me to think outside the box, you've been a very good mentor to me also and I hope you'll continue to give my edits a look every now and then if I'm not sure about them. Thankyou for all you've done for this community

can i just say bionicbob .i have enjoyed many hours viewing your edits and even though you are hanging up your editing cape its great to hear that you will still be present in the the forums.. i hope you find great enjoyment in whatever you choose to do next.

I just stumbled upon this thread thanks to @"gazza"’s comment.  Good to hear you’ll stick around.  Thank you @"bionicbob"!

Back
Top Bottom