• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Harry Potter and the Boy Who Never Lived: Part 1:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Harry Potter and the Boy Who Never Lived: Part 1:

When I found this in one of the new releases posts I was very intrigued. A Harry Potter movie without Harry Potter. Now that must be a lot of work for sure. And yes, it is a lot of work but that work also shows!

Going into this movie I wasn't really sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. If you know what happens in the movies it's fun to see how the editor removed Harry and how he changed the scenes to make them work without him. Most of the time this is done by cutting Harrys dialogue and cropping the image to remove him. The dialogue part is done very well. I rarely noticed it being done. On the other hand sometimes the quality of the film image will drop some due to the cropping but that is not the editors fault for what he intended to do with this edit.

There are some scenes where Harry was covered by something else to make him disappear. If you know where Harry should be it will be pretty obvious but it was done well nontheless. In some scenes this is done very cleverly.
In the beginning of the maze scene some people in the audience are blurred out pretty heavily and I'm not sure why. It was kind of distracting but I'm sure it was necessary to some extent.

The moments where Peeves was added weren't really for me. It was done ok but I feel like it didn't need to be in this movie. Same goes with the added lines for Krum since they weren't really of the best audio quality. But in that department the editor really surprised me with the addition of the audio tracks from the audio books.

All in all a very ambitious project and I really commend the creator of this edit for his hard work. With the goal he had in mind and the way he accomplished it, I would say he did a very good job. I recommend this edit to all hardcore Harry Potter fans who would like to experience these movies again in a very different way.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/harry-potter-and-the-boy-who-never-lived-part-1/discussions/9751/

Top Bottom