• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2001- a space odyssey 70mm

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anybody here sees it in 70MM (Dom I'm looking at you) you must, must, must, MUST do psychedelic drugs beforehand (or during, that's cool too). AT THE VERY LEAST SMOKE SOME DAMN WEED BEFORE SEEING IT.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Actual footage from Neglify's drug induced "2001" cinema trip:

SharpOblongLamb-max-1mb.gif

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And we call ourselves a PG-13 site...

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's cool, "2001: A Space Odyssey" is a PG film and I'm promoting PG things, Psychadelics + Ganja.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
It's cool, "2001: A Space Odyssey" is a PG film and I'm promoting PG things, Psychadelics + Ganja.

Actually I think that would be a record of MIP with that paraphernalia ;)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got my tickets to see the re-release of 2001 tomorrow at my local multiplex, so it's going to be digital. Any word on if this new digital release will be the new Nolan version, or an old DCP transfer? I asked Google but it all seems to be talk about the 70mm screenings.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got to see this at the historic Castro Theater in San Francisco. Of course, I took my own advice, and what followed was the most transcendent movie-going experience I've ever had. I almost feel like Roy Batty if I tried to describe the experience; "I've seen colors you people wouldn't believe..."

Top Bottom