• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Justice League: Reborn

JLfanedit

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Brief Synopsis:

A more streamlined Justice League cut with added deleted scenes from trailers and bonus material. I’ve tried to keep it in the spirit of the previous films as much as possible, while still keeping the lighter tone. This is to improve the balance between the Joss Whedon reshoots and what Zack Snyder originally shot. 

Screencaps | Video comparison | Poster

Running Time: 1:57:18

Intention:

Like many DC fans, I was a little let down by Justice League. Though overall it was a fine movie which I had a lot of fun with, it did miss the style and emotion that we have come expect with from Zack Snyder’s DC films. The intention of this cut is to slightly tweak it so it fits with the established characterization from MOS and BvS while also restoring several deleted scenes back in the film that were shown in the promotional material of JL. The most important thing about this cut is that it’s a cohesive film and not further Frankenstein it by removing and restructuring major scenes and dialogue. Another important thing is that it stays true to the canon established by the theatrical cut, so it won’t create further inconsistencies when future films references back to this film. It’s not perfect, it will never be perfect with the material given, but for me this cut is a more enjoyable experience of the third installment of the Zack Snyder trilogy and hopefully for other fans as well.

In short: If you liked Justice League and want it to look a little bit more like the previous films, have some of the deleted scenes restored and has less out of place humor, then this is the cut for you.

Other Sources:

- Man of Steel (the complete score)
- Batman v Superman original score
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate edition
- Justice League Trailer 1
- Justice League Comic Con trailer
- Justice League Heroes trailer
- Bonus scenes: The return of superman (thanks to /u/PRBeyonder) 
- Heroes by Gang of Youths

Release information: 1920x1080 1080p, 5.1. Dolby Digital Surround Sound

Editing details:

The core of the film won’t change and there won’t be any major additions either. So no Darkseid or anything of the leaked storylines from Zack Snyder’s original cut/script. Most of batman’s jokes have been cut to make his characterization more in line with BvS. Cut the Russian family subplot for the most part. Cut out most of the obvious reshoots that were shot in front of a green screen and awkwardly added into Zack Snyder’s scenes. Added Hans Zimmer’s Man of Steel score to highlight a few poignant scenes. Color graded the entire film to match the visual style first trailer and previous DC films. Dialogue scenes have more of a subtle touch to tone down the saturated visuals of the theatrical cut, while more action heavy scenes are more stylistic. Of course balanced appropriately to make a visual cohesive film.

Full cut list:

• - Rescored the opening logos with "Men are still good" from Batman v Superman (Deluxe edition)
  • - Made the WB black and white
  • - Cut the opening superman scene (moved the audio of the scene to the credits. I thought the exchange in the scene itself was fine, the problem was the way the scene looked This way it is and it isn’t still in the film)
  • - Cut the criminal jumping into frame and asking questions while batman is investigating the parademons in the opening batman scene
  • - Cut out “can you point me the way to atlantis” in the Aquaman/Batman first meet scene
  • - Cut the awkward green screen shot with Aquaman standing in the water
  • - Re-edited the moment Aquaman jumps into water
  • - Cut down the alien stole my husband scene
  • - Rescored the Lois/Martha scene with “Alien Ship Arrives” from Man of Steel (complete)
  • - Cut out the thirstiest reporter joke in the Martha/Lois scene
  • - Cut out the brunch joke in the Batman/Flash first meet scene
  • - Replaced the cyborg origin footage with the BvS cyborg footage
  • - Replaced the shot of Aquaman floating in the water with the comic-con trailer shot
  • - Cut down the Russian family scene 1
  • - Replaced the shot of batman standing on the gargoyle with the comic-con trailer shot
  • - Cut out “I didn’t bring a sword” and replaced it with “My turn” from Justice League trailer 1
  • - Cut out “Jesus he is tall”
  • - Cut out Flash falling on Wonder Woman’s chest
  • - Replaced the cyborg shot in the nightcrawler with the Comic con trailer shot and dialogue
  • - Added Gordon’s line “Playing well with others AGAIN”
  • - Added the shot facing Gordon and Batman in the “dressed like a bat scene” from comic con trailer
  • - Cut out the Russian family scene 2
  • - Added the man of steel piano notes when Superman sees his monument
  • - Cut out “Kal el no!” from Wonder woman in the Superman vs the league scene
  • - Cut out “Something is definitely bleeding”
  • - Cut out “Itchy”
  • - Added the “ring” scene from the Heroes trailer
  • - Rescored the Lois/Clark/Martha reunion scene with "Clark Kent suite" from Man of Steel (complete)
  • - Cut out he “you called mom” part (not that I didn’t like it, there was just too much music bleeding in from the original audio track, Clark would have known she was comming anyway since Lois supposedly called Martha earlier)
  • - Cut out the Russian family scene 3
  • - Added the bonus scenes
  • - Cut down the Russian family scene 4
  • - Cut out the “ooh snap” line from the flash
  • - Replaced the shot of the awkward smile batman gives when superman returns
  • - Cut down the “I don’t not…” exchange between batman and superman
  • - Cut out “This is definitely east” form the flash
  • - Cut out the shot where Batman is so incredibly concerned if "Clark!” is still alive
  • - Cut out “I can feel my toes” moment
  • - Rescored the final montage with "man of steel suite" from Man of Steel (complete)
  • - Cut out superman flying up in the sky
  • - Added the audio of the superman phone footage after Come Together by Gary Clark Jr
  • - Added Heroes by gangs of youth after the Superman phone footage audio clip
It's finished and released to the public. This is my first fan edit so I thought why not give it a shot and try to get it in the IFDB! Where does it go from here?

You can PM @"DominicCobb" and you'll get further instuctions from there. 

This sounds like a great light edit. It'll probably move my 5/10 to a 6/10. I really like the new colour grading too, it looks a lot better. Especially the Superman returns scene. Looks a lot closer to the earlier trailers when the scene was at night. Did you use everything that was usable from the trailers? Or is there still stuff that could be used?

I didn't use all, because a lot of them would mess up with the overall flow of the original scene. Like Wonder Woman kicking in one trailer I did not use, because there is no build up to it. Then there are some scenes in the final battle that are blue in the first trailer, but the final sequence is all red and I didn't want to unnaturally grade the scene. I do think I got the most essential of the trailers, like replacing the batman line with "my turn" and adding back the "ring" conversation in the movie. Small things that I think make a big deal of difference, especially for long time Zack Snyder/DC fans. I have already gotten great feedback from a lot of them.

Reading some of the reviews on Reddit, it does sound great. I'd link it here, but it also has the download link there. 

It's understandable that you didn't use the other final battle stuff like Aquaman fighting the Parademons or some of the misc shots. It's ungodly how much from the trailers was left unused, so its nice to see some of it put back into the film.

I don't know if I was allowed to link it here. But anyone who is internet savy should be able to find it. I will always be fighting for the original cut by Zack Snyder, there has just been SO much cut out, but this cut satisfies me for now and hopefully for other people as well!

Yeah links aren't allowed here, its just about the #1 rule. I was able to find it though pretty easily on the /r/DC_Cinematic subreddit.

I caught this one a few days ago and I think it's probably the most...what's the word? "Tempered" of the three I've seen. Flows really well.

BTW, the Completed section is for approved editors only, so expect this thread to be moved to In-The-Works until you submit it to the Academy, then it'll be moved to Pending Approval

Good to hear! I wasn't sure how to submit my edit so I just posted it there, but it seemed to have moved already.

Has this been submitted yet?

I haven't gotten a a reply yet from dominiccobb yet. I don't know where to go from here.

How many days ago did you send him the message?  It may take a while, do not fear.

JLfanedit said:
I haven't gotten a a reply yet from dominiccobb yet. I don't know where to go from here.

That's ok, at least you've requested the form. The site is usually updated over the weekend so hold on to hope they'll get back to you

JLfanedit said:

3-days isn't that long to wait. Admins have real lives and real jobs, that pay (unlike being a site admin :D ) but your edit is on the review list now. Please be patient as there are quite a few edits on the list. Why not use the time to make some artwork, or a trailer?

Thread moved to pending.

No I understand, sorry if I came off being impatient! Wasn't intended that way. Like everything about fan edits, it's fans who do it in their free time, so take as much time as you need. As there are probably many other fan edits that need to be reviewed as well, not only mine.

And I did make a short trailer. :p

I watched this edit in the weekend and it flows very well. Cut the bad jokes, the russian family and some others unnecessarys scenes was great. Congratulations!!!

I watched this as well. I really enjoyed this version!

My only small caveats were a weird frame jump when Aquaman dives into the water after talking with Bruce Wayne and the audio transition between Martha running up to Clark and returning to Steppenwolf. I also kind of liked Superman laughing after getting thrown back by the Mother Boxes so I missed seeing that here, but that's just me.

I thought the color correction helped be the in-between from the theatrical version and the drab palate of BvS. Great job!

Yeah I only recently noticed it too, very weird how that got in there. I am working on fixing it. As for the audio transition between Kent Farm and Steppenwolf. It is a bit of a hard cut, but it was the best I could do without altering too much of it. Maybe there is a smoother way by inserting some different footage? Idk, this was my best solution I could come up with at the time.

Thanks for watching though!

I'm curious as to how you've edited Aquaman diving into the water. I imagine he would do it after Bruce says "what if [the oceans] boil?" and then Arthur immediately dives, because doesn't have a good response to  Bruce's remark and he's angry about that.

He answers with a mocking "dressed like a bat", so in a way it's what you are talking about. He doesn't have a good answer, just he mocks Bruce.

Back
Top Bottom