• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Man of Steel: An Ideal of Hope:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man of Steel: An Ideal of Hope:

A vast improvement over the original, this edit transforms Man of Steel into a more complete and fulfilling Superman experience. Subtle changes improve the character of Clark/Superman and re-arranging the scenes of Krypton and Clark's youth allow us to feel more a part of his journey. Using scenes from other movies (which are added seamlessly), this edit includes a new introduction of Superman to the world, with different repercussions. I found that the restructuring and additions, without all of the strings attached to Batman v. Superman, really let you experience Clark's side of the story in a different light. This added investment in the character and the story lead to a much more meaningful and powerful confrontation with Zod.

An Ideal of Hope works very well as a standalone Superman movie but hints at a larger world without trying to stuff it all in one movie. It implies that Superman has been in action for some time, references Luthor, and hints of budding romance with Lois - this is the version I wish I saw in theatres. Due to borrowing scenes from Batman v. Superman, there are some continuity issues with the other DCEU movies but the result is thoroughly satisfying and entertaining - I can't recommend it enough.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/man-of-steel-an-ideal-of-hope/discussions/9738/

Top Bottom