• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DigModiFicaTion's Tools, Tips, and Editing Shenanigans

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This thread is equal parts reminders for myself on how I accomplish certain effects and sharing with others how I accomplish certain aspects of editing. It will highlight the various tutorials I have found and use as well as workflow settings (because it takes me soo long to do an edit that I regularly forget). Anyway, Here goes...

Type writing effect in Vegas
Used to create Disclaimer in Matrix made for TV edit

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cracking idea for a thread, I'm constantly trying to remember how to do something I've done loads of times before (its an age thing). This would be a cool thing to incorporate into our ITW threads too for our own benefit and those who want to know how a particular effect in the edit was achieved.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
This would be a cool thing to incorporate into our ITW threads too for our own benefit and those who want to know how a particular effect in the edit was achieved.

I've added some in my ITW threads in the past, but even with the search function I can't find them at times.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love this thread because it was born at 4:20 PM in my Earth Time Zone. : smoking_joint_emoticon :

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Working on some masking in Vegas. Here's a 1 minute video demonstration of the process. I'll try to do one with my sultry voice in the future, or at least some schnazzy background music.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a quick way to remove black bars from your edits using Vegas. This isn't a zoom in so you won't lose any picture quality.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a great idea. Like Sinbad we are of a certain age  (i think)and i often forget how i have done something a million times previously. This will be a splendid little library of tips. I am just trying to work out how to remove a title by masking in Sony Vegas so this will immensely helpful. Thank you

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Messing around with this one again so I thought I'd stick this tutorial here for easy access.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Working on some masking in Vegas. Here's a 1 minute video demonstration of the process. I'll try to do one with my sultry voice in the future, or at least some schnazzy background music.

Thank you so much for the help, I was working on a youtube video and this really helped me out

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Messing around with this one again so I thought I'd stick this tutorial here for easy access.

There's an updated version now:

Top Bottom