• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Probably sounds like an odd question, but are there any female users on the site?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't encountered any on the site that I know of, the site just seems very male dominated

My sister asked me this the other day, which I thought was a bit random - but, thinking about it, I guess males are in the majority. The administration have seriously fallen behind on thier diversity quota. ;)

The only user I've recently come across of which I've assumed to be female is @"AmeliaWasHere" . Purely based on the name "Amelia" being traditionally female. But I may have assumed wrong...

The Scribbling Man said:
Purely based on the name "Amelia" being traditionally female. But I may have assumed wrong...

LOL, unless it's your bag, you may not want to use the internet to meet women...

ThrowgnCpr said:
The Scribbling Man said:
Purely based on the name "Amelia" being traditionally female. But I may have assumed wrong...

LOL, unless it's your bag, you may not want to use the internet to meet women...

That wasn't my plan. My heart is reserved for The Scribbling Woman.

The Scribbling Man said:
The only user I've recently come across of which I've assumed to be female is @"AmeliaWasHere" . Purely based on the name "Amelia" being traditionally female. But I may have assumed wrong...

Her profile says female as well.

Many people prefer not to reveal their gender online, fear of being treated differently and all that.

tumblr_inline_mj7srbt7zy1qmdyyz.gif

Well, there’s @"katie75" though I haven’t seen her in a while

super odd to see my name here. :s :s :s

its funny, i made this account a very long time ago, only to mostly abandon it in favor of just being a little more gender-anonymous. ive mostly matured since then and i don't consider myself as thin-skinned and vulnerable as before, so i thought it would be nice to go back to the account that uses the name im most familiar with on the internet, but i wasn't trying to advertise my gender (AmeliaWasHere just happens to be the name I use for gaming on Steam and YT).

i guess i'll just go back to using the old account...

Gee, I can't imagine why there aren't more females on this site. Amelia has posted like a dozen times total on the site and then gets tagged in a thread where a bunch of dudes are talking about the lack of ladies. Then another girl who was on the site for a month or two and hasn't visited in 8 months gets tagged. Has anybody ever considered how weird and off-putting that must feel to a woman? I'm a dude and it feels pretty weird to me.

thecuddlyninja said:
Gee, I can't imagine why there aren't more females on this site. Amelia has posted like a dozen times total on the site and then gets tagged in a thread where a bunch of dudes are talking about the lack of ladies. Then another girl who was on the site for a month or two and hasn't visited in 8 months gets tagged. Has anybody ever considered how weird and off-putting that must feel to a woman? I'm a dude and it feels pretty weird to me.

Gosh, you're absolutely right. I feel terrible; I should have taken the hint earlier before taking part in this awful discussion.

I'm so sorry; I didn't mean any offense to anyone.

Sorry here too, I just kinda wanted to discuss the male dominace on the site. I didn't mean offense to anyone or Amelia.

Sorry here too, I just kinda wanted to discuss the male dominace on the site. I didn't mean offense to anyone or Amelia.

I'd also like to apologise. I didn't think my post through or consider how it might be interpreted. I'm very sorry for any upset caused.

Masirimso17 said:
Well, there’s @"katie75" though I haven’t seen her in a while

hey there! yes, it has been a while since I have been on the site due to health issues, life in general last year & then surgery at the end of last year. Workin & planning out my next edit tho on paper so I will be back posting again at some point soon this year!

katie75 said:
hey there! yes, it has been a while since I have been on the site due to health issues, life in general last year & then surgery at the end of last year. Workin & planning out my next edit tho on paper so I will be back posting again at some point soon this year!

Hi, I hope you feel better; also sorry about all this awkwardness.

Sorry you weren't feeling well, Katie! Hope you're back up to good health soon!

Thanks all! I am doing better & up & able to walk around & do all the fun stuff people take for granted usually lol :) But after my first fanfilm edit was finished, I had big plans (even considered submitting it to FanEditofTheMonth at the time, but wasn't sure it'd qualify bc it was a fanfilm after all lol) I hit the health stuff& the surgery. I should have used that time to start editing the next idea I have, but i didnt. I miss settling into my recliner with my laptop & beginning to locate footage & audio score to use :) This is going to be more work but fun too

Back
Top Bottom