• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Stephen King's IT: The Cinematic Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Stephen King's IT: The Cinematic Cut:

An excellent first edit that does a terrific job of modernising a good but rather dated TV Stephen King adaptation. It's not really possible to fix some of the wooden acting and sub-par special effects but pretty much everything else gets a fresh makeover, score, aspect ratio, titles and sound fx are all brought right up to date. The rescore utilizing the score from the 2017 version is particularly impressive and really gives this old tv movie a more modern feel. The editor also did a great job of tweaking Pennywise's kills to give him a modern agile sense of menace.

Narratively I didn't feel any sense of anything being missed from the half hour or so that was cut from the tv version, I'm not sure how much footage has been moved around to forge this narrative as it's quite a while since I've watched the TV version but if there was a considerable amount it certainly didn't disrupt or disjoint the narrative flow of this new modernised take on things. As I've already said an excellent edit that bodes very well for the editors forthcoming 'Stand' adaptation too.

Oh and whoever thought to call it 'The Cinematic Cut' is a genius! lol

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/stephen-kings-it-the-cinematic-cut/discussions/9725/

Top Bottom