• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Back To The Future: The Hill Valley Chronicles:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Back To The Future: The Hill Valley Chronicles:

This edit is a lot of fun. It provides a great, creative way to rewatch a trilogy that many have seen several times over already. The custom title cards, opening sequence and "previously on" are exceptionally well done and work well to sell it as a TV show. It's not perfect though. I felt that the first three episodes had some narrative inconsistencies that weren't explained and the editing could've been a bit tighter to make it seem like a real TV show. But it's a small complaint.

Where this edit really shines is in the middle episodes. The B&W treatment of the 1955 segment is stunning and fits perfectly. I almost wish the editor hadn't given the option of watching these episodes in colour, because B&W is far better. Episode 6 is worth the price of admission alone. The way the editor ramped up the action to the climax of this episode was brilliant. The narrative through 1955 can seem a bit confusing, but if you could keep up with Westworld, you shouldn't have an issue with this.

After that, it's basically BTTF3 edited into 3 episodes. It's less inspired than the 1955 segment, but there's only so much you can do with the source. It does its job. But, I think the editor missed a huge opportunity here. We start off in colour when we're in 1985 and 2015. We go back to 1955 and we're in B&W. Wonderful! We go even further back to 1885 and... we're back in colour? This would've been an excellent opportunity to go into a scratchy B&W, silent era look or even a sepia tone. The switch back to colour doesn't fit with the aesthetic (unless you watch it all in colour, I guess).

In the end, this is an impressive edit and well worth your time. Highly recommended.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/back-to-the-future-the-hill-valley-chronicles/discussions/9721/

Top Bottom