If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

JUNE 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Banned for piracy.
(02-28-2018, 06:55 PM)scrapesky Wrote: For cover art & disc label. His being UK release. 2-3 weeks back for a guess. Why?

That picture is not of a UK release.
i understand Maniac is in the Netherlands, does the Netherlands not get UK release BDMV. or is it a different release?

(02-28-2018, 07:13 PM)scrapesky Wrote: i understand Maniac is in the Netherlands, does the Netherlands not get UK release BDMV. or is it a different release?

No idea, I just know that photo is not of a release from the UK.
Cover art and disc label for what purpose?

And why wouldn't he just link to a picture of it on google?
Tvs Frink, i am not sure if you have anything against me, i have done nothing wrong here. i just posted a pic of the disc labels he sent me. the reason of making cover art, if you look at his "Rise of the Demons" edit you will see my cover art i made for him in the thread, & on his blog. I am not taking sides as i said in my 1st post. i like this forum i have been part of for 8 years. I am just trying to figure out where he "broke the rules" & why i am getting the 3rd degree over the pic. I do not want a hostile forum thread started over this, like i said i just want to understand what happened to break the rules is all.

It doesn't really matter what version the disc in the picture is, when the photo was taken, etc. It doesn't change the evidence we have that pirated source material was used in the edit. We're not going to show our hand on this matter, because it might prevent us from catching piracy in future edits.
You're an adult. Just cope.

[Image: https://images.fanedit.org/images/FE%3C3...nature.png]
(03-02-2018, 09:48 AM)reave Wrote: It doesn't really matter what version the disc in the picture is, when the photo was taken, etc. It doesn't change the evidence we have that pirated source material was used in the edit. We're not going to show our hand on this matter, because it might prevent us from catching piracy in future edits.

You still haven't explained how you know Maniac was using pirated source material.
(03-02-2018, 10:12 AM)wilhelm scream Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 09:48 AM)reave Wrote: It doesn't really matter what version the disc in the picture is, when the photo was taken, etc. It doesn't change the evidence we have that pirated source material was used in the edit. We're not going to show our hand on this matter, because it might prevent us from catching piracy in future edits.

You still haven't explained how you know Maniac was using pirated source material.

Reading is hard. Thread closed.
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------