If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Banned for piracy.
It has been brought to our attention by a member of the site that the Scarface edit by Maniac utilized pirated source material. Fanedit.org has a strict no piracy rule and as such the edit has been removed from the site and Maniac has been permanently banned. This rule is not flexible. Break it, and you will be banned.
You're an adult. Just cope.
(02-28-2018, 03:06 PM)reave Wrote: It has been brought to our attention by a member of the site that the Scarface edit by Maniac utilized pirated source material. Fanedit.org has a strict no piracy rule and as such the edit has been removed from the site and Maniac has been permanently banned. This rule is not flexible. Break it, and you will be banned.

Quick question, how do you know that Maniac utilized pirated source material?
I can't speak for the other admin, but I for one don't necessarily want to say. Others who may use pirated sources might then not make the same mistake.
100% agreed with Q2.  We are convinced it was pirated and that should be enough.
not trying to take sides, but Maniac sent me this pic a while back

[Image: m8GiZs9l.jpg]

im just wondering which part you guys think was pirated?

The part that he didn't rip from his Blu-ray.

Why didn't he rip it from his Blu-ray?  We don't know.  But the reason doesn't matter.

Quote:To ensure the copyright owner receives compensation for their work, a faneditor must use an officially released source they purchased.

Note: It doesn't say it's enough to own the source. You also have to use the source.  We are sure he did not.
i get the rules must be abided by. Could you post me the link to the rules of owning the source please? Some mod or admin told me something about the source must be the quality of the fanedit correct? No 720 mixed with 1080 for example, or no DVD content mixed with BDMV content right? Even if it is the same film purchased by the editor, in different formats?  I am just trying to fully understand the owning the source rules & how one might break them

https://www.fanedit.org/long-rules/
(02-28-2018, 05:55 PM)scrapesky Wrote: Maniac sent me this pic a while back

May I ask how far back, and why he sent it to you?
For cover art & disc label. His being UK release. 2-3 weeks back for a guess. Why?