• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Whatever happened to the Annual Fanedit Awards?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just wondering whatever happened to these annual awards as I haven't seen them mentioned since 2013.

Yeah I spotted some mention of annual award winners somewhere on the site and wondered if it was still a thing. I think we can safely assume Adywan is a surefire winner for last year.

Believe it or not, we've been discussing this recently.

Will share if there is news to share.

An excellent question...

Well they do say that no news is good news, so let's say everything is well behind the FE.org curtain

Q: What ever happened to the Annual Awards?

A: Jack and Jill Extended Edition killed it.

Neglify said:

tenor.gif

Neglify said:
Jack and Jill Extended Edition killed it.

Why Neglify did you create the greatest fanedit of all time? Everything that anyone will ever make will pale in comparison to Adam Sandler in drag.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Just wondering whatever happened to these annual awards as I haven't seen them mentioned since 2013.

They're back, baby! Please vote on 2014-2017 in the meantime!

Sinbad said:
Yeah I spotted some mention of annual award winners somewhere on the site and wondered if it was still a thing. I think we can safely assume Adywan is a surefire winner for last year.

We shall see!

Neglify said:

Now that a few years have passed since your beautiful edit, I think it's safe to resurrect the awards.

Bobson Dugnutt said:

They're back, baby! Please vote on 2014-2017 in the meantime!

Sinbad said:

We shall see!

Neglify said:

Now that a few years have passed since your beautiful edit, I think it's safe to resurrect the awards.

Now that we know the answer to this, it's time for the more important question:
Whatever happened to Robot Jones?

Wonderful! Many of these edits are worthy of an award, and at the least an honorable mention. And FE is worthy of an annual ceremony, to celebrate the best edits and to reaffirm our sense of community.

I look forward to see the various categories for 2018. E.g. across the years we might have @"Sinbad" 's Back to the Future TV series (most impressive change in a narrative structure), @"rb" ' s Pruned GOTG2 (best improvement through a, seemingly, light edit), @"ssj" 's Godsmacked (groundbreaking change of the narrative), @"Rogue-theX" ' s Dredd (outstanding short), @"slark" 's Doc Savage (superlative labor-of-love). And many, many others!

Which edits are eligible to be voted on? Just the ones that won FEOTM?

Ryantology said:
Which edits are eligible to be voted on? Just the ones that won FEOTM?

For overall Best Edit, it makes sense to only allow the FEOTM ones.
For specialized categories, I'd suggest all edits are eligible. Plenty of edits aren't popular enough to get the exposure needed to win FEOTM, but within their niches they are totally awesome.

For 2014-2017, we just took the FEOTM winners and runners up so there are 24 options. It's a lot to choose from but it made sense since we're picking years later. For 2018, we'll be putting those polls together after the year ends. Standard categories are best TV to movie edit, best extended edition, best fanedit by a new editor, faneditor of the year and fanedit of the year. There will be 4 or 5 choices for most categories, though it is looking like there will be more choices for best new editor and definitely fanedit of the year. All edits are eligible though we started out looking at FEOTM voting and IFDB reviews. Then we expanded it out a bit for categories as needed in order to get a pool of 4 or 5 options. FEOTY will be the 8ish or so top vote getters for the year.

thecuddlyninja said:
For 2014-2017, we just took the FEOTM winners and runners up so there are 24 options. It's a lot to choose from but it made sense since we're picking years later. For 2018, we'll be putting those polls together after the year ends. Standard categories are best TV to movie edit, best extended edition, best fanedit by a new editor, faneditor of the year and fanedit of the year. There will be 4 or 5 choices for most categories, though it is looking like there will be more choices for best new editor and definitely fanedit of the year. All edits are eligible though we started out looking at FEOTM voting and IFDB reviews. Then we expanded it out a bit for categories as needed in order to get a pool of 4 or 5 options. FEOTY will be the 8ish or so top vote getters for the year.

Thank you! I really appreciate the clarification.  :)

Let the behind-the-scenes Oscars-style lobbying begin! Where would Academy Members like to receive the home-baked cookies? :D

Back
Top Bottom