• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Is Adobe Audition worth owning?

AmeliaWasHere

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm 99% sure this isn't breaking topic rules.
Just need a quick answer from people who use Audition as their go-to for audio editing.

I already use Photoshop, have been for years now. Will Audition be of a similar quality? Or is there a better alternative?

I use adobe audition for effects, clean things up etc...
Nothing wrong with it

maniac said:
I use adobe audition for effects, clean things up etc...
Nothing wrong with it

That's enough for me, I'll try it out.
Thanks!

Not sure why you 1% thought this was breaking rules as it's a legit question about the quality of a piece of software. Now if you asked where you could get a free copy of it then yes, that would would be breaking rules.

Back on topic, I have it with my copy of CS6, but I've never really tried it out as Premiere works fine for what I do. My suggestion is give it a test drive. I believe Adobe has trial versions of their CC software available.

Q2 said:
Not sure why you 1% thought this was breaking rules as it's a legit question about the quality of a piece of software.

Because I was lazy and didn't search to see if anyone else had asked already, and I didn't want to spam a question the forums might get every other day.  :p

Back on topic, I have it with my copy of CS6, but I've never really tried it out as Premiere works fine for what I do. My suggestion is give it a test drive. I believe Adobe has trial versions of their CC software available.

Yeah, I had a bit of a brain fart and didn't think about it having a free trial. Thanks though!

Audacity is a quality alternative, and is open source so it's free and legal, though the workflow is very different feeling than Adobe's products.

I have used Audacity my whole life. It feels lacking. But my Machinima normally turn out ok when I use it.

I've found that some of the only differences between commercial and open source software is ease of use. You have to out in the time on open source, which if you look at it as a job might equate to the same wage earnings being spent in comparison to the price of the commercially available option.

Back
Top Bottom