• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2019 Movies

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
They are wise to the VPN trick but it can still be done. Especially, apparently, if you know someone on a local US military base. Which I don’t currently. I’d imagine things like Peaky Blinders isn’t available locally for you because the BBC wants you to watch it locally?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's various websites that tell you the current Netflix library by country. I'd suggest looking it up at some point.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally got a trailer for The Lighthouse.

This definitely looks like my type of movie (Neglify's, too, I'd wager, albeit for somewhat differing reasons).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Ooooh, that looks my kinda film. 4:3 black & white 35mm.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
slekyr said:
Saved the best / most intriguing for last

and Taika has put out this genuinely official promotional video:

Edit: Also trailer to this new film featuring the music of The Boss himself, Bruce Springsteen:

Getting great reviews. Interview with the writer featuring a picture of him and Bruce from '93 (he estimates he's seen Springsteen live 150 times :D ).

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm cheating a little bit here since it's a 1979 movie, but hey... it's going to have 2019 release, so...

I wonder if this truly will be the best version of "Apocalypse Now".

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zagadka said:
I'm cheating a little bit here since it's a 1979 movie, but hey... it's going to have 2019 release, so...

I wonder if this truly will be the best version of "Apocalypse Now".

Is there anything in that trailer that isn’t in the theatrical cut? I love that movie, but it doesn’t need a new edit.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I love that movie, but it doesn’t need a new edit.

Welcome to fanedit.org ! :D

...but seriously I'm up for a whole new cut and I'm also up for a simple "Redux-sans-French Scene" version. We've got an edit like that already: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/apocalypse-now-the-re-redux/

I much prefer the OG roadshow cut for the record. They are running that trailer in front of every film I've watched at the cinema recently. They better screen it!

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
I love that movie, but it doesn’t need a new edit.

Welcome to fanedit.org ! :D

...but seriously I'm up for a whole new cut and I'm also up for a simple "Redux-sans-French Scene" version. We've got an edit like that already: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/apocalypse-now-the-re-redux/

I much prefer the OG roadshow cut for the record. They are running that trailer in front of every film I've watched at the cinema recently. They better screen it!

We’ll be in Germany by then so I also hope it get screened in Europe. I don’t care what version it’s in I just want to see it on th big screen.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shia LaBeouf writing a fictionalised version of himself as a kid but playing the dad:

Looks weird but has good reviews so far. Hitting Amazon in November.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So Eddie Murphy is starring in a Rudy Ray Moore biopic for Netflix...

...yes, very real. Here is the trailer and it looks amazing (NSFW):

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some intriguing looking trailers at the cinema last night:

^ I like the look of this one.

^ Is Kidman supposed to look terrifying?

^ Finally the trailer for Chris Morris' follow up to 'Four Lions'... only took nine years. It looks strange.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just realized that there are some complications, and I probably won't be able to see 3 From Hell in theaters. I'm deeply saddened.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Steven Soderberg's new film will be on Netflix next month:

Looks a bit like 'The Big Short'.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks perhaps cliched but it also looks like tons of fun:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Full trailer for 'The Irishman':

It looks like the de-aging is okay and won't ruin the whole film like it could have done. It doesn't look 100% either.

I think Scorsese got Tommy Wiseau in as his art director for a few shots ;) :

48806056947_d28932dfb9_b.jpg

The trailer actually says "In theaters Nov 1 and on Netflix Nov 27". Not the usual "in select theaters" or whatever that means it's playing virtually nowhere. Fingers crossed this gets a proper cinema release.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some interesting thoughts on Maleficent: Mistress of Evil from San Francisco Chronicle critic Mick LaSalle:

Friday, Oct. 18, marks the opening of “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil,” which depicts a fairy getting taken out of a jar and dissolved. Oh, you might ask, what was it doing in a jar? Actually, lots of fairies are in jars in this new “Maleficent,” all of them awaiting experimentation. A creepy scientist is trying to figure out what chemicals to use in order to kill them.

Then there’s a nice fairy godmother type who is gassed and dies inside a pipe organ, and lots of large woods creatures that are vaporized while flying in the sky, and human beings wiped out in a wave of destruction on a battlefield.

Yes, this is a children’s movie with a death toll.

Yet, it’s safe to say that no child watching “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” will be in the least traumatized, not because people are not as nice as they used to be, but rather because the movie makes sure that no one cares about any of those individuals.

[...] But the saddest thing about “Maleficent: Mistress of Evil” is that it’s not bad, but typical, that this emptiness — this immersion in mass numbification — is the modern style.

Yet as children’s entertainment, it’s insidious all the same. This isn’t Wile E. Coyote blowing up and coming back in the next scene, because that meant he wasn’t dead. Nor is this a generation getting a memorable and inevitable education in the pains of real life. This is a generation getting lessons in how to go dead inside.

He ultimately gives the movie an "interested" Little Man rating.

Huh.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This music:

+ This scene:

= Gold :D .

Top Bottom