• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2019 Movies

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hope this does well, so that they'll do more weird new takes on Hanna Barbara properties. I really want a Grape Ape kaiju movie.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Trailer looks like tons of fun but then it said "Rian Johnson" right at the end (writing, directing & producing) and I haven't loved any of his films so far... but I haven't hated them either. They all seem to miss the mark he is aiming for somehow IMO. Hopefully his twist on the whodunit will be where he finally nails it.

If it doesn't feature this on the soundtrack then it deserves one de-merit ;) :

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't see a thread for Midsommar and I don't think it's worth starting one just for this, so I guess I'll stick it here.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I loved the first and thought the second was disappointing but this looks like it could be good.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
Anyone else excited for this?

I would have been if this was coming out right after The Devil's Rejects came out but Zombie hasn't made a good film since then.  Also, considered out TDR ended, I have no idea how this movie can event exist, so I'm more intrigued and curious than excited.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I very much enjoyed 31, and I remember enjoying his Halloween. I personally think he's still making good films, albeit not as good as the first two, but still good.
I do agree that the ending doesn't really allow for a sequel, but at the same time I don't really care. Maybe I should be more cautiously optimistic than excited, but I can't help but be extremely excited.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ll give you his first Halloween which I enjoyed but I hated H2 and was indifferent to 31 and The Lords Of Salem. I think I had high hopes from him as a director after his first 3 films and have just felt disappointed since then that it’s hard for me to get excited but it’s good that you are.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
slekyr said:
[Jay and Silent Bob Reboot trailer]

I just watched this trailer with my father, and we're already making plans to get tickets. Very excited. I haven't had the chance to see any of his films in theaters, but I am a big fan. That being said, I've only seen about half of his films, whoops.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
slekyr said:
[Jay and Silent Bob Reboot trailer]

I just watched this trailer with my father, and we're already making plans to get tickets. Very excited. I haven't had the chance to see any of his films in theaters, but I am a big fan. That being said, I've only seen about half of his films, whoops.

I haven't seen his last couple, but I like most of his movies.  I was in high school when Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back came out and I was a huge fan of that film when it was released.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
I think Hollywood finally did it. They made the worst movie ever.

https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=FtSd844cI7U[/video]

That seems very unlikely because 'Cats' is one of the best Musicals ever written... but Jesus that CGI is creepy. This is an actual "finished" frame from the actual trailer, that a major studio actually just released:

5fa60fcc56fd341604812f04b18788b9

They've got 5-months to fix it but why did they do it in the first place? Aside from the uncanny valley effect, it looks just like people in cat makeup, which is what Cats always was. The cast is terrific, so it might be better to just buy the soundtrack.

What was wrong with just doing this? Was it too easy, too inexpensive?

grizabella.w460.h575.2x.jpg

Top Bottom