• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2019 Movies

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This "smash things" trailer for the new Hellboy played before 'Us' the other day and it made me smile:

I love David Harbour's deadpan delivery of the "Yeah... it smashes things real good" line :D .

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to see Dumbo later. I'm more excited than I should be. I've seen the original maybe once, and I'm not sure if I've seen it in its entirety. I've seen one or two trailers for the new movie, and haven't seen any reviews. I have no standards for cgi, and I like how the elephant looks. I also like Danny Devito and Tim Burton, absolutely love Batman Returns.
I didn't love the recent Beauty and the Beast (the animated version is probably my favorite animated Disney movie), I didn't see Cinderella, I loved Maleficent, and I remember liking Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
I'm sure this won't be good, but I still think I will enjoy it.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed Dumbo. It was excellent.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit on the throne
I'll tell you how I became hunted down by my own clone.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm assuming this has nothing to do with Mega Man 3?

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know they're trying to go for a negative space thing for the logo but it really looks like the movie is called "Gemn Man"

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All in all, this trailer looks pretty sweet, and it's made by my boi Ang Lee. I'll probably check it out.

(I haven't seen any Ang Lee movies other than Hulk, but still. I hear he's good.)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
jrWHAG42 said:
it's made by my boi Ang Lee. 

You're Ang Lee's father?

A neglecting father who hasn’t even seen his films other than his worst one.

(I haven’t seen other Ang Lee films either lol. Add that to my shame list)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
All in all, this trailer looks pretty sweet, and it's made by my boi Ang Lee. I'll probably check it out.

(I haven't seen any Ang Lee movies other than Hulk, but still. I hear he's good.)

I think pretty much everybody will agree that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Brokeback Mountain are masterpieces that you should definitely see at some point. I also put Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk up there as it is one of my favorite military-related movies ever (however please note that in general people do not really like it - I love it because it relates to my military veteran experience in a personal way so YMMV).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After 12-13 years of talk this was definitely one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" things. Well here it is:

^ Contains NSFW language obviously! :D

Looks like they got the whole cast back. It's out on May 31st so that only leaves just over a month to have a Deadwood marathon ;) .

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
After 12-13 years of talk this was definitely one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" things. Well here it is:

^ Contains NSFW language obviously! :D

Looks like they got the whole cast back. It's out on May 31st so that only leaves just over a month to have a Deadwood marathon ;) .

My wife and I started watching the series for the first time about a month ago. We had no idea there was a movie coming. But the timing should be just right as we’re about done with season two.

Edit:  it occurs to me as I watch the s2 finale that this movie would be missing a great opportunity if it doesn’t cast Garrett Dillahunt in a third role.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From 18th Jan post in this thread:

TM2YC said:
I'm usually a bit put off Bollywood films by all the dancing and nonsense but this ultra-violent battle Epic in an almost '300 meets Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' style looks very different:

(^ Trailer has optional subtitles)

I hope my local cinema decides to book this one.

My local theater didn't but it popped up on Amazon Prime this weekend:

Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019)
Bollywood applies the style of 2017's 'Wonder Woman' to this bloody and action-packed biopic of warrior Queen Lakshmibai of Jhansi (a leader of the Rebellion of 1857). It also feels modeled after the "print the legend" approach that Mel Gibson's 'Braveheart' had towards historical details. The British actors are without exception terrible but luckily they have minimal screen-time and that's mostly confined to being stock evil villains. The Indian cast on the other hand are all superb, especially Kangana Ranaut in the lead role, she really looks like she could command a Kingdom and lead an army.

The costumes, sets and cinematography are beyond lavish. Fortunately most of the action is practical and well choreographed (at least the equal of a Hollywood Historical Blockbuster) because the CGI additions in the background are not fully convincing. I found the inevitable Bollywood songs surprisingly well integrated into the film and pretty damn toe-tapping, plus the score has a touch of Hans Zimmer. The closing credits are done in the now familiar Marvel animated style, to add a final confirmation of the film's ambitions. So if you are unsure about giving a Bollywood film a try, then this might be an accessible place to start.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen any Bollywood films. I started watching Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year with a friend a few years ago, but he got bored. Then there's also a series of superhero movies that I found on Netflix that are supposed to be good  I need to check those out too.
I love watching foreign films, getting to watch films that don't follow the same tropes as American cinema, not to mention, with subtitles I don't pay as much attention to the acting itself, so bad acting isn't as much a distraction.
I will definitely check this out.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Surely, if anything, we should be getting a Gremlins 3?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:

I don't know what I expected, but that was still disappointing. 

Why do all live action movies from cartoon characters involve CGI versions of the characters coming to the "real" world? Why?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The plot of Sonic coming to the real world is nothing new.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
giphy.gif

Top Bottom