• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2019 Movies

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This might be the teasingest teaser that ever teased me. Martin Scorsese's next superflick arrives this fall (finally). 

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah I saw that during the Oscars last night and what I got out of it is that it's a movie.  Presumably one involving a gun in some manner.

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
sanic.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Naked blue Hedgehog. Creepy.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points

I seriously hope this and Dumbo bomb so hard that Disney stops their live-action nightmare remakes.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

I seriously hope this and Dumbo bomb so hard that Disney stops their live-action nightmare remakes.

They won’t. Beauty & the Beast made $1.26B, not counting all the merch they sold.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm actually really looking forward to Aladdin and Dumbo. Aladdin, because it looks cool, and Dumbo, because I was never big on the original, and I think this looks better than it. 

Also, I just remembered that I saw Beauty and the Beast in the theaters, and I'm disgusted. Yknow, maybe these other ones won't be good either. But I'm at least going to see Aladdin no matter what.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The whole Aladdin cast looks kinda bland and the dialogue is bit cringey and unimaginative.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
The whole Aladdin cast looks kinda bland and the dialogue is bit cringey and unimaginative.

Just a teensy bit, yeeaah.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

Even-Worse.png

From the director of the smash hit King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, everyone! :p

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It’s not that bad. Not good, but not terrible either.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
It’s not that bad. Not good, but not terrible either.

Classic Aladdin: When Genie is first freed, he's so relieved to be out of the lamp that he whooshes around exuberantly, engendering audience empathy.

Guy "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword!" Rithchie's Aladdin: When Genie is first freed, he immediately makes a dumb joke for a cheap laugh, at the expense of a key character beat.

Now, maybe the actual movie will fix this. But isn't this sort of dumbing down exactly what sunk the live-action Beauty and the Beast? The movie assumes you already know the classic by heart, so it makes lots of new tweaks and beats. Trouble is, they're just about all for the worse.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Classic Aladdin: racism and whitewashing bundled into a cute cartoon

Guy "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword!" Rithchie's Aladdin: racism and whitewashing bundled into a badly re-imagined live action rerun

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hate to keep banging the same drum, but Disney knows how to milk this cash cow. Beauty and the Beast made almost one BILLION dollars more than Solo.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I hate to keep banging the same drum, but Disney knows how to milk this cash cow. Beauty and the Beast made almost one BILLION dollars more than Solo.

Yes, I agree, and this is the only explanation for how Aladdin was remade today. Disney can tout their PC-power all they want, but when it comes to stuff like this, they show their true color...

giphy.gif

Top Bottom