• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2019 Movies

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shaft is the sequel to Shaft and the fifth sequel to Shaft.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Shaft is the sequel to Shaft and the fifth sequel to Shaft.

So Shaft is a Predator?

sudden_clarity_clarence.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alita: Battle Angel (2019)
A sort of mash-up of 'The Hunger Games' and 'A.I. Artificial Intelligence'.  This being a Sci-Fi film with Christoph Waltz living in an old building doing strange techno stuff brought to mind 'The Zero Theorem'. I love big future worlds like this with every last detail designed. It's a feast for the eyes and has some really thrilling chases and fight sequences, so I did enjoy watching it but there are some flaws.

The actor playing Alita's love-interest is bland as f*ck but thankfully you care about Alita, so you can't help but care a little for the people she loves. We see the world through Alita's (literal) wide-eyed innocent excitement, so it's all petting cute dogs, eating burritos at the sunshine cafe and hangin' with cute boys. But one of the main drivers of the narrative is that the city is supposed to be a dystopian nightmare from which people will do anything to escape. The two things work in opposite directions, so you just have to go with the place being a hell hole because the dialogue keeps saying it is. It becomes clear halfway through that this is only going to be part one of a larger story (although this movie has a clear start and finish) so predictions of this being a huge boxoffice bomb (precluding sequels) somewhat dampened the intended excitement offered by future adventures, in other cities, or on other planets.

The dazzling Vis-FX and massive imaginative world are definitely worth a watch on the big screen. I'd watch a sequel for sure.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This 3rd UK-aimed trailer for this Arthurian adventure was on at the cinema and it makes the film look like a ton of fun (the Merlin fried chicken joke especially):

It's Writer/Director Joe Cornish's follow up to 'Attack the Block'. Weirdly Fox decided to not release this UK made, UK shot, UK set film in the UK first (still not out for a week here) where it would probably have got some buzz but to release it in the US 3-weeks early, where it already vanished without trace.  It's like studios want their movies to bomb sometimes.

The reviews sound good (88% on RT):

With its retro-video-game score and "Goonies"-style gang of misfit characters, the movie plays like a throwback to Spielberg-produced adventure films of the '80s. - Variety

Cornish is offering a kind of movie they just don’t make anymore — expansive live-action adventure tales unabashedly aimed at young people, not the adults charged with taking them to the cinema. - Vulture

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This 3rd UK-aimed trailer for this Arthurian adventure was on at the cinema and it makes the film look like a ton of fun (the Merlin fried chicken joke especially):

It's Writer/Director Joe Cornish's follow up to 'Attack the Block'. Weirdly Fox decided to not release this UK made, UK shot, UK set film in the UK first (still not out for a week here) where it would probably have got some buzz but to release it in the US 3-weeks early, where it already vanished without trace.  It's like studios want their movies to bomb sometimes.

The reviews sound good (88% on RT):

With its retro-video-game score and "Goonies"-style gang of misfit characters, the movie plays like a throwback to Spielberg-produced adventure films of the '80s. - Variety

Cornish is offering a kind of movie they just don’t make anymore — expansive live-action adventure tales unabashedly aimed at young people, not the adults charged with taking them to the cinema. - Vulture
I saw it.  It was great fun.  It works for both kids and adults.
A worthy addition to King Arthur movie lore.
Vastly superior to Guy Ritchies version.

But yes, the theatre was three quarters empty.  Too bad, it better than alot of the blockbuster schlock.
I will definitely be picking it up on Blu for my shelf collection. :D

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points

New movie from Danny Boyle. Looks to be a biopic about Oasis.  :p

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:

An interesting meta concept since Paul McCartney was himself convinced that somebody else had written 'Yesterday'. I was quite enthused to see the film until James Cordon showed up in the trailer :dodgy: .

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:

And written by RICHARD CURTIS!!!!  This guy knows how masterfully weave music and story together into a manipulative emotional romcom rollercoaster!  Totally can't wait to see this!  :D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

Ah, but can its cast match that of A Kid in King Arthur's Court, which has Daniel Craig and Kate Winslet?! :p

king%20arthur%20craig%201.jpg

winslet%20worry.jpg

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Sequel to the "Highest Grossing Blu-Ray in the U.S."

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frozen 2: The Search for More Money 

psssst: it's in the freezer...

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Frozen 2: The Search for More Money 

psssst: it's in the freezer...

Spoiler alert: they're gonna find a sh*tload of it

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't quite work out whether Danny Boyle's new film looks promising or just an awful rehash of a running joke from ''Goodnight  Sweethearrt' as yet. Definitely curious...

Top Bottom