• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2019 Movies

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Big Mo from off of Eastenders with a machine gun? Why not :D .

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
Vice looks great!

Unfortunately, Slate's Fred Kaplan has written "The new Dick Cheney biopic doesn’t just fail as comedy. It fails as history," and his points are compelling. Unlike the actual decade-odd of Cheney's life between the Gulf Wars, Kaplan says "In the film, from the time of his ascent to high power on, he undergoes no [political/ideological] change and thus there’s no need to explain it."

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trailer for Jordan Peele's newest movie.

I gotta be honest, it looks like every generic horror flick that comes out nowadays. Hoping that the movie is better than the trailer.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks too comedic and David Harbour sounds like he's channeling Plinkett, but I'm a diehard Hellboy fan so I'll be checking this out regardless.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seeing how a kid with super-powers would find a school trip to Europe is a great idea for a relatable sequel. I hope it's weighted more on that aspect than on the CGI destruction.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Promo video for the soon-to-be-released (I think) Iron Sky 2:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The latest shot-on-an-iPhone film from "retired" director Steven Soderbergh.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Epic badass SAM ELLIOTT is THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER and then THE BIGFOOT.

Since WWII, Calvin Barr has lived with the secret that he was responsible for the assassination of Adolf Hitler. Now, decades later, the US government has called on him again for a new top-secret mission. Bigfoot has been living deep in the Canadian wilderness and carrying a deadly plague that is now threatening to spread to the general population. Relying on the same skills that he honed during the war, Calvin must set out to save the free world yet again. 

dafuq bruh

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Epic badass SAM ELLIOTT is THE MAN WHO KILLED HITLER and then THE BIGFOOT.

Since WWII, Calvin Barr has lived with the secret that he was responsible for the assassination of Adolf Hitler. Now, decades later, the US government has called on him again for a new top-secret mission. Bigfoot has been living deep in the Canadian wilderness and carrying a deadly plague that is now threatening to spread to the general population. Relying on the same skills that he honed during the war, Calvin must set out to save the free world yet again. 

dafuq bruh

*adds to watchlist*

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm usually a bit put off Bollywood films by all the dancing and nonsense but this ultra-violent battle Epic in an almost '300 meets Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' style looks very different:

(^ Trailer has optional subtitles)

I hope my local cinema decides to book this one.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I worked on a film last summer called "Can Dostlar" (Best Friends) which is a children's film. Now it is the #1 movie in Turkish Box Office. It's really good. If anyone is interested in taking their children to the movies and watching a family film, this one is perfect. I believe it is released in Europe in select places.

Also "Bizim Koyun Sarkisi" (Our Village's Song) our film from last year (no story connection to this year) is available on iTunes, so you can watch that all together with the family as well. Last year I opened a whole different thread for this one. Unnecessary and impractical on my part.

I honestly really recommend both of these films, they can be enjoyed by children and adults alike. Great emotional scenes and great themes. I dare say Pixar-quality.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Mule
Technically a 2018 movie but released here in the U.K this weekend. Kept my expectations low for this after the huge misfire that was the '15:17 to Paris' and the middling reviews this seems to have but came away pleasantly surprised.  It definitely feels like a companion piece to Gran Torino and shares some of that films clunkiness in spots but it's so good to see Clint in front of the camera for one last hurrah those moments are quickly forgotten.  It's a slow burn as always  with Mr Eastwood's movies but the denouement is handled well and the last 30 minutes or so to me at least seemed like a carthasis for the character and Mr Eastwood.  For my money this is his best film since Gran Torino and Changeling in 2008 and a fitting swansong for Clint as an actor even though we thought we saw that 10 years ago...

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"First Poster for Acclaimed Documentary 'Apollo 11' - A look at the historic mission to the moon using never-before-seen footage from the NASA archives."

k8mrpa6jf7d21.jpg

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My expectations are immediately lowered by this going straight to Netflix but after Nightcrawler  another Gilroy/Gyllenhaal collaboration definitely count me in!  The trailer at least is very promising.

Just realised I've been spelling Gyllenhaal incorrectly as Gyllenhall for about the last 10 years.

Top Bottom