• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

2019 Movies

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
teaserbox_4221266900.gif

It's never too early to discuss the films coming out in Naughty '19.

Here are the motion pictures that most pique my interest...

(Jan) M. Night Shyamulan's "Glass"
(Feb) X-Men spin-off "The New Mutants"
(May) "Detective Pikachu"
(Aug) The 9th Film From Quentin Tarantino 
(Sept) It: Chapter Two
(Christmass) Star Wars Episode !9

But then there are these shameful remake/reboot/rejuvenation sequel type of things that make me want to flush it all away...

(March) live action "Dumbo" by Tim Hurtin' Burton
(May) live action "Aladdin" by Madonna's ex-husband
(June) "Charlie's Angels" by Elizabeth Banks, wtf "Men in Black" spin-off. another "Shaft", "Toy Story 4", "Transformers 6"
(July) "Top Gun" sequel, live action "Lion King" by designated Disney director Jon Favreau, another motherflippin "Terminator" sequel

As least I got "Masters of the Universe" by the writer of Batman v Superman.

gif_blog.gif

dannydangle

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don't forgot the new Godzilla film. It's going to have Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah, not to mention they'll probably tease a bit of Kong as well.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only thing that gives me hope for the Terminator film is that Cameron is involved.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
The only thing that gives me hope for the Terminator film is that Cameron is involved.

Slim hope ;) . If Gale Ann Hurd also came back as Producer, then I'd be much more confident. Get some of those Roger Corman alumni back together and recapture the gritty feel of the original. They are on good terms again now right?

James+Cameron+Gale+Anne+Hurd+Terminator+Screening+7cnYDuc9COXl.jpg

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The 9th Film From Quentin Tarantino now has a title...

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Hell yes. He finally gets to make his "Once Upon a Time" titled film.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dumbo 2019 live action adaptation 
Looks like the talking animals have been replaced by circus family/entertainers . I noticed that they have a cgi pink elephant in the trailer so dumbo must have a  drunk sequence as well as fly.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Confused about Halloween: Halloween and the Halloween series timeline?  Why, it's as easy as 1-2-3-1.5-2-2-101-2-15-22-6-15-22-3-5.5-6-2-2-4-6-25-2-14!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That was AWESOME!!!  And so confusingly true!  :p

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Paramount has decided to remove Transformers 6 from their release slate. Huzzah! 2019 is looking better already.

I'm glad to hear that was canceled.  Transformers The Last Knight was excruciating to watch.  However, after seeing the trailer, Bumblebee looks very intriguing, especially coming from the director of Kubo and the Two Strings.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some "leaked" (on purpose?) on-set footage of Joaquin Phoenix's Joker movie:

If this film sucks it's gonna be everyone's fault except Phoenix. Even from this glimpse you can see he's got the classic Joker walk down and even without makeup looks the part.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The convoluted X-Men franchise continues with The Last Stand 2.0...

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eclj77aXmWs[/video]

I want to be excited.  Delayed released, rumours of heavy reshoots and first time director Kinberg...?
And I am still recovering from the bland outing of Apocalypse.    And why tease full iconic superheroes suits at the end of the last movie and then go with the dull Grant Morrison era costumes?  Maybe it will be a plot point?  Regardless, I still believe there is much potential in this storyline, and if the trailer can be trusted (am I that naive?), maybe they will get it right this time?

Also, with Disney/Marvel getting the X-Men rights back, I am guessing this may be the last time we will see this version of the X-Men, so hopefully it will go out with a delicious popcorn fun bang.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
10 seconds into the Dark Phoenix trailer and I laughed my arse off. When is the trailer trope of dark versions of popular music going to die?

Yeah, this just looks like more Apocalypse-style dreck, but without any sense of humour.

I'll skip and wait for the inevitable Marvel reboot...

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
At least it'll be great fanediting material...

henzINNIT

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
At least it'll be great fanediting material...

Oh yeah. I've been waiting to see what can be harvested for my long-dormant X3 fanedit. Had a pitch using Apocalypse footage for flashbacks already. Looks like I'm going to be spoilt.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
EMPIRE MAGAZINE has a trailer breakdown interview with Kinberg, hinting at a much bigger, more cosmic movie than we are seeing in this first trailer...
https://www.empireonline.com/movies...nix-trailer-breakdown-director-simon-kinberg/

I hope so - what we've seen so far looks more grounded than The Last Stand.  And I actually like The Last Stand for the most part.  But if they're going to do the Phoenix Saga twice, it'd be nonsensical to do it the same way both times.  If this is to be the last hurrah for the non-MCU X-Men, I'd rather they go out big, ambitious, out of this world than just retreading stuff we've seen before.

EDIT:  It's been pushed back again, to June.  Whether this has anything to do with the public's reaction to the trailer or not, one can only speculate.

Top Bottom