If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

2019 Movies
Bloody hell, Tarantino's new film isn't out for nearly 3-weeks on this side of the pond.
[+] 1 user Likes TM2YC's post
TM2YC that's my bad.  I was on mobile and multitasking isn't the best on that platform.  I'll keep that in mind next time I want to post more than one video.  Apologies.
A proper trailer for dropped for Scorsese's 'The Irishman':

It's on Netflix 27th September 2019. It looks very good but it's concerning the way they've cut around the de-aging FX by not having them talk too much on camera, of having their mouths obscured, or shooting them from the back.

Hope it gets some Cinema screenings but I doubt it Dodgy .
(07-31-2019, 08:32 AM)TM2YC Wrote: A proper trailer for dropped for Scorsese's 'The Irishman':

It's on Netflix 27th September 2019. It looks very good but it's concerning the way they've cut around the de-aging FX by not having them talk too much on camera, of having their mouths obscured, or shooting them from the back.

Hope it gets some Cinema screenings but I doubt it Dodgy .
Hey TM2YC, side question for you. We’re moving to Germany in a month (we’re actually in Germany now to get things in order). One of the questions I have is about streaming services. How do the European versions of Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime stack up to their US counterparts? Should I just go with the German offerings or look into a VPN?
Years ago Netflix used to be an absolute joke in the UK, compared to the content on the US service but I think it's a lot better now. All the Netflix branded stuff will be much the same I imagine, with some differences e.g. Europeans get Star Trek Discovery for example (never any HBO content). I know somebody living in Italy and I noticed some differences. He had Star Wars movies for example, which hardly ever appear on the UK one. The German one might have some cool local shows. I really want to watch 'Babylon Berlin' but you can't get it in HD with German audio and English subtitles. I imagine they are wise to the vpn trick?
They are wise to the VPN trick but it can still be done. Especially, apparently, if you know someone on a local US military base. Which I don’t currently. I’d imagine things like Peaky Blinders isn’t available locally for you because the BBC wants you to watch it locally?
There's various websites that tell you the current Netflix library by country. I'd suggest looking it up at some point.
Mega Man is best game. 
[+] 1 user Likes jrWHAG42's post
Finally got a trailer for The Lighthouse.

This definitely looks like my type of movie (Neglify's, too, I'd wager, albeit for somewhat differing reasons).
Deconstruction without reconstruction is destruction.
[+] 3 users Like Duragizer's post
^ Ooooh, that looks my kinda film. 4:3 black & white 35mm.
(07-26-2019, 08:45 AM)slekyr Wrote: Saved the best / most intriguing for last

and Taika has put out this genuinely official promotional video:

Edit: Also trailer to this new film featuring the music of The Boss himself, Bruce Springsteen:

Getting great reviews. Interview with the writer featuring a picture of him and Bruce from '93 (he estimates he's seen Springsteen live 150 times Big Grin ).