If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

MAY 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

DVD --> ??? --> Premiere (Lossless)
Hi, I have a DVD with audio, video, and subtitles that I would like to import into Premiere Pro. Actually, I would like to edit or add custom subtitles as well.

What would be the best step-by-step guide for:
1. getting the files off the DVD onto hard drive
2. muxing, demuxing, converting as necessary
3. import into Premiere Pro without loss from DVD

Thanks! Smile
I used MakeMKV to get the files off DVD and onto my hard drive. On the right track so far?
Read through the Captain's thread here https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=8325

He's great and wise, like the Wizard of Oz, but real, and more geared toward technical video stuff.
Did you hear the joke about the high wall? It's hilarious, I'm still trying to get over it. 
ITW - X-Men: Wartime. Ideas - Twin Peaks Season Zero Project, Missing Philip Animated Short.