• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Karate Kid: The Story Continues

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by SteveJo86
What is it about? To combine both The Karate KId part 2, The Karate Kid Part 3 into one movie.

tagline: "First it was teacher to student, now it's man to man"

original film name: The Karate KId part 2, The Karate Kid Part 3
new film name : The Karate Kid: The Story Continues
film studio name : Columbia Pictures
edit crew name : SteveJo86
Date Original Film Was Released : 1986, 1989
Date Edit Was Released : Wednesday July 11th 2007
Original Runtime : KK part 2: 113 minutes, KK part 3: 112 minutes = 225 minutes
New Runtime : KKTSC: 150 minutes
Amount of time Cut/Added : 75 minutes cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :

1. Tribute to Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita before movie
2. Cut Subplot of Daniel & Komiko falling inlove
3. Cut subplot of Daniel having problems with Sato's student, now sato's student is nothing more than a right hand man delivering messages
4. Cut fight scene at end of KK2 for the reason that cut 3 explains above
5. Cut Bone dance completley
6. Cut Daniel talking to his mum about staying with Miyagi ( KK3 scene )
7. More minor cuts for KK3 but nothing big as I felt that KK2 was the weak link of the franchise, not KK3.

Fanedit details:

PAL, 16:9 aspect ratio, Stereo audio, Static Menu, Scene
Selection, No subtitles, No commentary, English only audio.

Your intention for this fanedit:

To make KK2 & 3 into one movie

Your way to achieve your intention:

To remove daniels fights & relationships from KK2 & have daniels problems come from KK3

Hardware and software information :

Womble Mpeg video editor, DVD lab pro, DVD decryptor Adobe Photoshop.

Additional Comment:

ok my intention for this edit was to start the movie with Miyagi & Daniel going to Okinawa to deal with Miyagis father & Miyagi's
long time friendship with Sato as well as Miyagi's backstory, but I never really like Daniels sideplot of his troubles with Sato's student or his love interest in
Komiko, to me KK2 should have been primarily about miyagi & then a new plot should have taken place for daniel once they got back to America & so that's what I did
I created an edit that focuses it's first hour on Miyagi & Miyagi only & Daniel is the friend who comes along for support. But as this is going on John
Kreese is plotting his revenge on Daniel so that when they return home to america a new set of problems arrise, however this time it's all on Daniel. Hope that makes sense
for you all.

Time needed for the edition:

3 days

persons involved: 1

Additional information links: IMDB LINK KARATE KID part 2: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091326/

IMDB LINK KARATE KID part 3: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097647/

wow this actually sounds really really cool, did you intermix the KK3 stuff in the beginning to show the trouble waiting for Daniel and Miyagi when they return? or is it a linear pat h from KK2 to KK 3?

How is Daniel and miyagi in this edit does Daniel act out of character in part 3 towards miyagi?

Back
Top Bottom