• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Muppet Christmas Carol: The Scribbling Cut, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Muppet Christmas Carol: The Scribbling Cut, The:

When I first heard about this edit on the forums, I confessed to the editor (The Scribbling Man) that I was a little apprehensive about someone doing an edit of this movie, as I thought it was pretty much perfect as it was. Scribbling Man agreed with me, though, and sure enough, this is a light edit with seamless cuts that make it very enjoyable.

I knew I was in for a good time when I saw "The Scribbling Cut" added to the bottom of the title like it had always been there. I've tried to add titles to movies myself, and I know how difficult it can be, so the level of professionalism just on that impressed me right away!

I didn't find myself missing any material that had been cut, and the cuts were so smooth that I wouldn't have noticed anything was cut if I didn't remember a few things. And I'm sure there's stuff that I didn't even catch because it was so seamless!

The only thing I miss is the song "When Love is Gone," which is not a cut that Scribbling Man made, it's a cut that Brian Henson made in the theatrical version of the movie. He restored it for VHS, but unfortunately cut it again for the DVD. I never got to see the movie until it was on home video, so to me, it's always had that song. Plus, it's arguably my favorite song in the whole film. I think the scene runs choppy without it, and the two reprises -- one with the whole cast in the finale, the other playing over the end credits -- make no sense without the context of the earlier scene.

So I'm not really dinging Scribbling Man, I'm dinging Brian Henson. Scribbling Man says he may do another edition next year with "When Love is Gone" included, so I'm giving myself just that little bit of wiggle room to bump up my review next year if he adds it!

Incidentally, since I'm so used to seeing the movie with the song, I braced myself for the end credits with the song -- and instead found that Scribbling Man had added a bunch of outtakes over that part! What a brilliant way to cover up the song and make things more consistent! So big kudos to him for making that work.

If you want to see a great slightly alternate version of an already terrific movie, then this is a good choice for you. And here's hoping we get some more Muppet movie fan edits in the future!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/the-muppet-christmas-carol-the-scribbling-cut/discussions/9674/

Back
Top Bottom