• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Power Rangers Samurai- Origins (DeBulkfied)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Power Rangers Samurai is a pretty poor season by Power Rangers standards, mostly translations of the Japanese scripts, minimal originality, unnecessary "mega modes" etc. What little home grown material we did get came in the form of needless comedy skits with the veteran character of the franchise's early days Bulk and the son of his sidekick Skull, Spike.

What I'm working on now is a version of "Origins", the premiere two-parter of Samurai, that does not include Bulk or Spike.

Changes so far

-Bulk and Spike scenes removed (except for  the title sequence, just assume they will show up later in the series and not here, Antonio the Gold Ranger is also included in the titles despite not appearing at all). 

-The search for Emily by Mia, Kevin and Mike

-All commercial fades removed.

I've also been mulling over what to open the edit with. I've done two versions, one with the standard pre-titles of Origins, and one using footage taken from Youtube of the aborted MMPR Fanfilm. I used similar footage in a workprint for another PR edit, so I thought I'd make use of the footage I did'nt use for that. I think it serves the purpose of the edit well in introducing us to the world of the Power Rangers.

Anyway, here are the openings as samples. Which one should I use?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I changed my mind about using the fanfilm footage, there was only little plot point about it that required me to edit it slightly and I think it wound up hurting it.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As the IFDB entry indicates, there are two versions of this available, one with the fanfilm footage (changed my mind about using it), and one without.

Top Bottom