• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Your DVD/Bluray/Movie Memorabillia Collection

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm guessing some guys on here have some pretty cool items in your movie collection for one reason or another. Would love to hear how big your collections are and what rarities, prized items you own and what you long to get hold of. 

I'll start with a few things

Size of collection
1600 dvds 540 blurays approx

Cool Stuff
Godzilla 2014 Poster, Monsters 2010 bluray signed by Gareth Edwards (I work with his brother-in-law) need to get him to do my Rogue One too

Most prized Dvd/BR
Nighthawks (1981) took so long for it to get a release and still not on my region code but it will do!

Most Wanted BR
Breakdown (1997)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Size of collection

Jesus christ!! I thought I was bad.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
haha rarely run into the own the source issue! in my defence been buying em since the turn of the century.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
haha rarely run into the own the source issue! in my defence been buying em since the turn of the century.

Yeah, probably somewhere between 'The Phantom Menace' on VHS (late 1999?) and 'Fellowship of the Ring:EE' on DVD (Late 2002).

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My first Dvd was Starship Troopers and it was a flipper, remember them? my first vhs (sell-thru) as they called 'em then in the late 80's Romancing the Stone

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
My first Dvd was Starship Troopers and it was a flipper, remember them? my first vhs (sell-thru) as they called 'em then in the late 80's Romancing the Stone

I assume you mean those double sided discs that had 4:3 on one side and widescreen on the other, I've still got a copy of south park the movie that did that.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Sinbad said:

I assume you mean those double sided discs that had 4:3 on one side and widescreen on the other, I've still got a copy of south park the movie that did that.
No they weren't that sophisticated the movie was literally spread across both sides of the disc, 1hr-ish per side I had Sean connery's The rock like this too...

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Sinbad said:

Yeah, probably somewhere between 'The Phantom Menace' on VHS (late 1999?) and 'Fellowship of the Ring:EE' on DVD (Late 2002).
Didnt that take like 18 months or something like that to come out on VHS I seem to remember the same with Jurrasic Park it was much longer than the standard six months. E.t holds the record though I think took 6 years to get a vhs release in 1988 (if you don't count Disney classics)

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
TM2YC said:
Sinbad said:

Didnt that take like 18 months or something like that to come out on VHS I seem to remember the same with Jurrasic Park it was much longer than the standard six months at the time.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My dads that much of a movie geek he's still got vhs tapes from when he was younger

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
My dads that much of a movie geek he's still got vhs tapes from when he was younger

They were cassette tapes not VHS   :p

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
Size of collection

Quality, not quantity ;) 

Seriously though, is that as big as it sounds? I'll have to count mine up. Pretty sure I have no where near that many.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
156z41j.jpg

This is the majority of the dvds, consumes one whole built in cupboard its 4 layers deep and the shelving bit goes to the ceiling. I really need a sort out. I'd Probably get about £50 for em all on ebay nowadays lol

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
See this is what I have to live with dad please get rid

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you actually want all of them? Or have you just kept everything you've ever bought? :p

Not a criticism, just curious.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
I'll have to count mine up. Pretty sure I have no where near that many.

The reason I know how many I've got is I kept buying dvds I didn't think I had and then found I had so I bought an android app for a tenner that you can barcode scan all your dvds/blurays into.  No more duplicates 
2a9pe10.png

The Scribbling Man

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just had a glance at mine and I have around 200 DVD's and near enough 30 blu-rays. People often accuse me of having too many... I guess they're wrong :p

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Do you actually want all of them? Or have you just kept everything you've ever bought? :p

Not a criticism, just curious.
There is some dodgy stuff in there no doubt, i do give to the school fetes etc anything i have replaced with the bluray every so often. That cupboards become the movie black hole theres some great 80s 90s b movies in there. I used to love video rental stores as a kid so to have a collection as big as your local blockbuster is kinda cool. I cant ever see myself embracing the virtual locker thing and ditching them. i have said to the missus I will cull a hundred or so every so often so they never outgrow the cupboard. My blus are all neatly(ish) racked though.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Think my addiction started way back in about 1983 whem you couldnt even buy vhs videos in store. I was a huge fan of the SAS thriller 'Who Dares Wins' back then, a friend of the family bought a video store copy new from the distributor it was £50 odd quid back in 1983! so probably about £200 in todays money. So ever since then ive had the mindset the cost of blurays/dvds especially second hand  is nothing in comparison so I tend to pick a copy up if its semi decent or I need it to complete the set. A Good day to Die Hard and Alien Covenant i'm looking at you! :D

Top Bottom