• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Intel Chip Security Flaw

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
intel.jpg

Don't know if you've all read/heard about this: 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn.../amd-is-big-winner-from-chip-flaw-fiasco.html

https://www.slashgear.com/intel-flaw-key-details-of-the-huge-x86-chip-problem-03513480/

Apparently there is a flaw in the physical chips in Intel based computers. This creates a security risk that may allow hackers to access information on computers.

What do you all think about this?

Will Intel computer prices drop with stock prices?

Will the used market be flooded with amazing spec computers for cheap prices?

Is anyone an AMD fan and happy about this?

Glad I've been using AMD chips for several years. I have no strong allegiance to either, but I hope this knocks the price on Intel down.

I prefer Intel over AMD but that's because I'm a gamer. I do think the story is being blown way out of proportion though, much like the Y2K fiasco.

It looks like Microsoft has already patched Windows and IE/Edge, both Chrome and Firefox have been patched, and as for OEM's they have started to rollout firmware updates to the BIOS. Apple is reportedly issuing updates in the coming days. Linux, on the other hand, seems most susceptible and have yet to announce patches. It seems most manufacturers began working on fixes back in December before it even made news.

Will it hurt Intel's stock? It already did, but just a bit. I doubt it will have a lasting impact.

Can't be worse than what Blackfish did for SeaWorld.

And yes, I just watched Blackfish.

Hmm, I think this thread has a staff infection.

Back
Top Bottom