• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

What's happened to fanedit.info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wasn't sure what the most appropriate forum to put this in was (if any), so I've just posted in Off Topic.

Forgive me if this questions already been asked, but does anyone know whats going on with .info? It feels like they're pretty behind the times with keeping the catalogue updated. Is there some sort of protocol for passing new edits along? Is that still happening? Or are we in a new phase where the only way to get an edit is to get in touch with the editor?

No criticism intended towards any party, just curious. I've wondered about it a while, but only thought about bringing it up after I saw someone comment on Fanedit.org's FB page asking. 
Not that it's any excuse, but I guess info is a good resource for a lot of people, and they aren't all necessarily aware where else they can get them if they aren't found there.

I get that fanedit.org is not affiliated with info, but I'm taking the chance that someone here might know something.

Thanks.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
To answer your question:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

However...

https://www.fanedit.org/long-rules/

Quite often, faneditors will use an external indexing site (e.g., fanedit.info, tehparadox) as a means of providing direction on how to acquire their edits, however these sites are NOT affiliated with fanedit.org, and as such please do not contact the fanedit.org staff about any issues you encounter on any of these external websites.

It is okay to discuss the fact that such sites exist, and that edits may be available there (such as, “this edit is available on rapidshare” or “dlc is now available at info”) but NEVER include full URLs or direct links to any site, or any link which is for downloading copyrighted material of any kind. If you have questions about this policy, please contact a staff member DIRECTLY. Do not post in the forum. These posts will be deleted and continued abuse of this rule will lead to infractions and temporary/permanent bans from the site.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom