• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Exorcist III: The Fr Karras Edition

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Father Merrin
What is it about? This combines The Exorcist III and The Exorcist seamlessly into one film to enhance the overall movie.

original film name: The Exorcist III:
new film name : The Exorcist III: The Fr Karras Edition
film studio name : Warner Bros
Date Edit Was Released: 1990
Original Runtime: 105 minutes
New Runtime: 120 minutes
Amount of time Cut:15 minutes / Added:30 minutesGeneral Scene Info

* Exorcist III. Credits - Restaurant
* Exoricst. Karras with Mother
* Exorcist III. Church - Kinderman in Hospital
* Exoricst. Karras in Hospital
* Exoricst III. Karras - Fr Morning
* Exoricst. "Just Help"
* Exoricst III. Dr with Kinderman - Karras
* Exoricst. "Help Me"
* Exoricst III. Library - Dr
* Exoricst. Karras
* Exoricst III. Invitation - Nearly Killed.
* Exoricst. Karras
* Exoricst III. Fr Morning - Kinderman
* Credits

Plot improvements over original:
In my film you see Fr Karras before he was demonically possessed in The Exorcist, hopefully this will make the viewer sympathise more with the character when they see him possessed in The Exorcist III.

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:
The concept for this film came from The Godfather Prt II. Even though I felt The Exorcist III was a good film there was IMO plenty of room for improvements. To do this I felt I needed to expand the character of Fr Karras (who is possessed in E3) by adding scenes from The Exorcist (1973), that show his back story. What I then tried to do was show both films coming to a dramatic climax which compliment each other & hopefully improve The Exorcist III.

Your intention for this fanedit:
My aim for this edit was to edit a film no one else has edited before & in the process make a truly original Fan Edit. Also, I wanted to move on from the standard editing of removing scenes, adding deleted scenes (like my pervious edits) & to try & combine 2 separate movies seamlessly into one film to enhance the overall movie.

Time needed for the edition
planning: 1 day
editing: 1 day
sound editing: 1 day
trailer: none
DVD layout and features: Menu
Persons involved: Father Merrin

3D_E3.jpg

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on the forum.

So, I watched the new trailer The Exorcist: Believer and thought it sucked.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one and it reminded me of the edits of The Exorcist III which I never released on Fanedit.org

The reason I didn't release them is because Spicediver's edit of EIII pretty much nailed it, so I didn't feel the need to release mine. Having seen the new Exorcist trailer it made me think some Exorcist fans out there might want to see an alternative take on Exorcist III and Legion.

So the two big differences between my version and Spicediver's version is that my versions include the new exhumation and library scenes that were in the recent bluray release.

So the timeline is for the new "Exhumation" scene.

1. Dr Temple tells Kinderman about the "Karras" patient.
2. Kinderman sees Karras for the first time.
3. Kinderman speaks to Nurser Allerton
4. Kinderman speaks to Sgt Atkins
5. New "Exhumation" scene.
6. Kinderman speaks with Karras

So the timeline is for the new "Library" scene.

1. Kinderman speaks to Nurser Allerton after slapping Karras
2. Kinderman speaks to University President in new "Library" scene
3. Kinderman at home reading the bible.

Even though these scenes aren't super essential I do think they add weight to the story.

The exhumation discovers a body in the coffin. That body is Brother Fain, who is the person in the new library scene University President confirms went missing and who Kinderman confirms died of fright.

Why is this important?

Because later in the film the Gemini killer laughs about "Toward the end, a slapstick comic relief. When that old Brother Faine, who was tending the bodies, saw me climbing from the coffin." In the theatrical version this line held no weight because Kinderman didn't know who was in the coffin. In my edit, Kinderman now knows who Brother Fain is and what he died of, thus giving Gemini's claim to be alive and Karras being possessed more weight.

The last scene in the hospital in my version is the same as Spicedivers. Only difference is when Karras is shot it goes straight to that blood moon shot and then end credits, where as Spicediver ends with the burial.

So yeah, as a result I have a "Legion" and "The Exorcist III" that includes the scenes above.

These are small changes, but I'm happy to submit these finished edits to Fanedit.org if anyone wants to check them out.

Back
Top Bottom