• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Trek Vengeance:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Trek Vengeance:

What an improvement! TM2YC's edit convincingly surpasses the original.

Audio / video editing is seamless. Amazingly, the only time a visual transition pulled me out of the story was more than an hour in when the aspect ratio changed from Imax to wide-screen. Upon rewatching I saw that I'd sat through several aspect ratio changes earlier in the movie. Without realizing it!

Narrative editing is top notch. Plot distractions are removed, strengthening the plot and keeping it clearer. While I love to see Nimoy and lots of Uhura, his removal and her tantrum cut do make the story better. This edit feels less Wrath of Khan reboot and more stand-on-its-own Star Trek adventure.
One narrative transition felt truncated: we lose Carol Marcus' explanation that she can shuttle to an asteroid to open the torpedo outside the ship. Perhaps that line can be inserted over her walking into the shuttle followed by the slow zoom-in to the bridge?

I'm curious to see other edits of this movie. TM2YC certainly sets the bar high.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-trek-vengeance/discussions/9642/

Top Bottom