• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Who-The Pilot: Extremis Edition

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, here we go again

No, I haven't been to Metabelis III. I'm doing another Doctor Who edit, this time tightening up the premiere of series ten, The Pilot, by immediately removing all the pretentious teasing of what's inside The Vault that goes ultimately nowhere and has an obvious reveal handed to us within minutes of the episode I'm using to add to the story, Extremis.

Extremis is the first part of the Monk trilogy, which really isn't that much to write home about, other than virtually any scene that includes Michelle Gomez. It is that scenery chewing that compels me also to use the last few precious minutes of "The Lie Of the Land", the conclusion to the trilogy, as a coda to this episode, replacing the original ending with The Doctor trying to wipe Bill's mind of her adventure.

I've also decided to insert Bill and her friends finding a new house to live in from the episode "Knock, Knock". This particular plot point doesn't actually go anywhere in this edit, it's just a nice little set up that gives us more of a slice of life with Bill, plus I like the atmosphere of Bill with mates more than putting up with her step-mum.

Samples are forthcoming

password: tardis

changes

-Pre-titles of Extremis moved to after titles
-"They can't know I'm blind Missy" line removed

Sample Two

In this sample, we shorten Bill's encounter with Heather. Gone is the weird scene where Heather repeats every word Bill says (makes one wonder if the creature from the episode Midnight was sentient oil?)

Stitched together a trailer

Here's the full list of changes

-Begin with original pre-credits scene from "The Pilot"
-After titles, we play some footage from "Extremis"
-"Knock Knock" footage takes over after Missy tells The Doctor to let her live
-Just as Bill is hesitant to sign the contract to move into the house, we cut to The Doctor's "Time" lecture. Producer and director credit scenes cut
-We cut to "Extremis" footage after The Doctor says "It means life"
-We cut back to "The Pilot" after Nardole tells The Doctor he can kick his arse
-We cut back to "Extremis" after the Puddle establishes the link with the pilot
-White flash cross fade from "Extremis" to Christmas at the University in "The Pilot"
-Cut Heather meeting Bill outside the university and repeating what she says
-Cut the TARDIS landing in Australia
-Last of the "Extremis" footage plays after Bill notices her tears
-"Lie of the Land" ending used as final scene

And we're done. IFDB listing written. :)

Edit is now on ifdb. Thread moved. Chameleon circuit disengaged.

Hmm...apparently I've been booted off vimeo so the clips and trailer are no longer visible in this thread. Dear dear...how disturbing.

Back
Top Bottom