• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Godzilla Rises:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Godzilla Rises:

Haven't seen this since the cinema, and when I saw it then I was bored out of my mind. This edit filters out all the unnecessary drama and streamlines the film into a simple monster movie, which is all it ever needed to be. 43 minutes were cut, which is just mind boggling. I didn't miss a single bit of footage - if anything I'd say that the set up is still maybe a bit slow.
Narratively, I liked the decision to have the wife die (or at least, fate ambiguous), however, it would have been good to have her introduced as a paramedic, rather than just randomly seeing her in uniform (minor, minor qualm, though).

Quality was top notch and editing was seamless. I noticed one audio transition, but it's very easily overlooked. The Bonus Short also had a rather dodgy fade from one piece of music to another at the end when transitioning into the credit sequence (you can hear the clash as the tunes overlap).

No one can complain for the lack of Brian Cranston in this edit. His performance in the theatrical was great, but his beginning scenes were pointless. Thankfully, the editor puts this cut footage into a short, which also makes for a great optional prologue.

I wouldn't call this a great film, but it's certainly a spectacle. A good, solid monster movie that doesn't overstay it's welcome. Far superior to the theatrical cut.

Hats off to the editor. Very well done.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/godzilla-rises/discussions/9637/

Top Bottom