• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

A Christmas Horror Story - All Your Gifts at Once EDITION

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spreading holiday cheer for all to fear, this is my edit of A Christmas Horror Story.  The film tells several stories that take place on Christmas Eve, but instead of going back and forth between each story as the day progresses, I wanted to instead show each story to completion before moving on to the next while the bridge between each story is Dynamite Dan's (William Shatner) radio broadcast.

Here's the order I'm working towards:

The School - three students get locked inside of a school where a supernatural murder occurred

The Changeling - we follow a family as they cut down a Christmas tree and instead come home with something more sinister

Krampus - for this portion we hitch a ride with a family as they are off to visit an elderly and wealthy relative.  Behaving badly leads to them being hunted by the legendary Krampus

Santa vs Zombie Elves - this could've been a movie in itself, but this final portion shows Santa battling his elves who have contracted some sort of zombie virus.  This eventually leads to a final confrontation between Jolly Old St. Nick and the evil Krampus.

If you haven't seen this movie, it's definitely worth watching.

I'm hoping to have this done within the next couple of days for those of you that want to get your Christmas horror fix.  I'm probably going to call this: A Christmas Horror Story - Spreading Holiday Fear Edition

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love this movie and just watched it a few days ago. I will keep an eye out for your edit and hopefully get a chance to check it out when you finish it

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks guys!  This was a fun movie and I think it would go well as a second billing alongside Krampus.  I am definitely planning to do a Christmas Horror double feature with friends and family next year and will definitely come to the boards for suggestions and ideas.

Until then.....

At this point in the edit I have contained each of the stories and am now starting to put them together with the Dynamite Dan bridges.  I'll keep you updated with anything further.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Curious to see this,  always enjoy a good horror anthology and if its got a bit of Christmas spirit in it I'm sure I can persuade the missus to watch it too..

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just to be clear, I’m not changing anything with the stories, just providing an alternative viewing experience. While I feel the kids locked in the school goes on a little too long, this edit is just to take a different look into the snow globe.

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great idea :). How about editing A Christmas Carol by Robert Zemeckis? It's pretty spooky and gloomy at many points. If you changed music to something scarier, removed all cringy/joyful moments and made Scrooge dying at the end, you would probably get the darkest A Christmas Carol movie ever ;). Let's call it "A Christmas Lament".

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you do an edit of Krampus please for the love of Mother Krampus fix the ending. The tacked on happy-ish ending is dumb. The movie needs to end with the kid in the snow when the camera pulls away. Other than that I think adding some of the deleted scenes might flesh it out a little more too.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll be honest, I've been wanting to do some Christmas-y edits and after discovering the world of Christmas Horror, I think I'm hooked lol!

After this one, I'll be taking some time for the holiday season, but I like your Krampus idea @"Hubunkey" and will give that a look over once I get the Krampus blu ray (it's been on HBO, saving me from making the purchase, but the idea of deleted scenes has me shifting gears).

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit is DONE!

Before I start sharing, I want a better name for this.  Maybe:

A Christmas Horror Story: To Hell with the Holidays Edition
A Christmas Horror Story: All Your Gifts at Once Edition
A Christmas Horror Story: Tales of Cheer and Fear Edition

Any other suggestions?

sgp1428

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How about. A Christmas Story: Be Careful What You Wish For Edition.......Just a thought :-/

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A Christmas Horror Story: Home for the Horrordays
A Christmas Horror Story: Satan's Little Helpers (maybe a bit too anti-christmas that one!)
A Christmas Horror Story: The Season of Blood Chill

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uploading now!  PM me with any requests and I will send out once everything is up.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit on ifdb. Thread moved. Let the slay ride begin.

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THANK YOU to @Atom39 for leaving a review for this edit. I’m glad you enjoyed it more than the original and the biggest compliment is the comparison to Trick R Treat! Happy New Year!

Possibly in the future I’ll make a version 2 thanks to suggestions by @Vultural to make this an even better presentation of one of the few good/decent Christmas horrors.

Top Bottom