• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vegas Pro Deals

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Any idea what the differences are between 'Pro 14' and 'Pro 15' and between 'Pro 15' and 'Pro 15: Edit'?

Vegas Pro 15 Edit (the one included in this new bundle) features the following improvements over Vegas 14 Pro:

Workflow & UI: Vegas Pro 15 features workflow and UI enhancements for a “more organized timeline workflow”.  You will still be very familiar with the UI but notice some slight tweaks, including four different default background shades.

Hardware Acceleration: Updates have also been made for hardware acceleration from modern graphics cards and adds support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV).

Selectively paste event attributes: This feature is a great addition! You can copy all of the attributes from one event and paste them onto another event (or several). This definitely helps to speed up my workflow.

Instant Freeze Frame: Yes that’s right! You can now apply a freeze frame to a video clip INSTANTLY! A cool feature sure, but not a huge selling point for me personally.

Picture-in-Picture OFX plug-in: Version 15 ships with the Picture-in-Picture plug-in to allow you to place an additional video within your video with an easy, interactive control on the Video Preview window.

Support for ACES 1.0: ACES 1.0 is the Academy Color Encoding System. Support for ACES 1.0 has been added to Vegas in this version.
Crop OFX plug-in: This is a plug-in to make cropping easier with an interactive tool on the Video Preview. Cropping was already easy, now it’s easier!

LUT OFX plug-in: The LUT OFX plug-in simply allows you to apply camera and creative LUTs to your media and events.

The most important one of those upgrades for me is the built-in LUT plug-in.

Vegas Pro 15 (the regular version without "Edit" in its title, which is not included in the Humble Bundle) includes all of those upgrades, plus these:

NewBlueFX Filters 5 Ultimate: With a $299 price tag, NewBlueFX Filters 5 Ultimate is a collection of filters and effects for your media. The plug-ins included are ColorFast 2, Recreate, Recolor, and Refocus.

HitFilm Movie Essentials: This is a collection of plug-ins for further video enhancement and repair.  Create a cinematic appearance, fix grainy video, generate special effects, and more.

http://www.obviouslytech.com/2018/07/12/whats-the-difference-between-vegas-pro-14-and-vegas-pro-15/

However, the Humble Bundle also features Hitfilm Movie Essentials in addition to Vegas Pro 15 Edit, so the only thing included in the regular Vegas Pro 15 that you don't get in the bundle is the NewBlueFX filter pack.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the info! :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
JJPotter said:
There is a new Humble Bundle that has been posted that fits right in with fanediting, especially those looking to purchase or upgrade their Sony Vegas software.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-even-more-software

@"bionicbob" you're moving to Windows and looking for a good editing replacement, right? Might as well grab this and hang on to it, you won't beat that price point even for bad software. Along with the Blu-ray (and DVD) authoring tool, this is crazy. I got the Vegas 14 bundle but I'm probably going to get this too.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ImportantGleefulFrogmouth-small.gif

Looks like it's time for an upgrade :)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the heads up . I almost pulled the trigger on Pro 16 a few days ago but couldn't justify the £200 spend with Christmas coming up. I wanted the Pro 16 stabilization and motion tracking tool....however this will do me nicely for a while as I want to learn the masking tool for a few scenes in order to finish a couple of edits I am working on.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
JJPotter said:
There is a new Humble Bundle that has been posted that fits right in with fanediting, especially those looking to purchase or upgrade their Sony Vegas software.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-even-more-software

@"bionicbob" you're moving to Windows and looking for a good editing replacement, right? Might as well grab this and hang on to it, you won't beat that price point even for bad software. Along with the Blu-ray (and DVD) authoring tool, this is crazy. I got the Vegas 14 bundle but I'm probably going to get this too.

Ok, so I am obviously OLD and out of touch....

what is a Humble Bundle?  I looked at the site.... I can pay whatever I want??????
$25 bucks for $800 dollars worth of software?   Am I understanding this correctly?  What's the catch, asks the cynical luddite?  :p

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No catch. All the money goes to charity.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is it just a download?  Or can you get as Physical Media?

Hate to risk downloading to my glitchy-soon-to-be-garbage MAC....  :blush:

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:

Donate at least 25 dollars and you get a download code with legitimate serial keys for the software. 

Humble Bundle is a good PR move and exposure for the software and companies that contribute because of the charity angle. Bundles are always available for a very limited time and is not a scam in any way. 

I believe once you make your account and pay for the bundle, you don't have to download right away, you can log in to your account later once you get the computer you settle on and download it fresh.

Vegas is also very popular in this forum so if you run into issues actually using the software, Fe.org members can likely help.q

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Donate at least 25 dollars and you get a download code with legitimate serial keys for the software. 

Humble Bundle is a good PR move and exposure for the software and companies that contribute because of the charity angle. Bundles are always available for a very limited time and is not a scam in any way. 

I believe once you make your account and pay for the bundle, you don't have to download right away, you can log in to your account later once you get the computer you settle on and download it fresh.

^ Yeah this. No catch.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Ok, so I am obviously OLD and out of touch....

what is a Humble Bundle?  I looked at the site.... I can pay whatever I want??????
$25 bucks for $800 dollars worth of software?   Am I understanding this correctly?  What's the catch, asks the cynical luddite?  :p

There's no catch. Various companies partner with Humble Bundle to sell hugely discounted digital items (usually video games, ebooks, and the like, but occasionally software such as in this case) in order to benefit charity. They are limited time deals (this one has 13 days left).

The "pay whatever you want" thing is technically true, but it comes in tiers. If you only pay $1, you only get Fastcut Plus Edition and a Producer Planet voucher code. If you pay $21.66 or more, you get both of those, as well as Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 and Vegas Movie Studio 15. Pay $25 or more, and you get all of that, plus Vegas Pro 15 Edit, Vegas DVD Architect, and HitFilm Movie Essentials (the three most valuable items). 

Suffice it to say that the $25 deal is by far the best, as it gets you the entire bundle. For that price, you can get not only one of the best video editors around (Vegas), but also one of the best DVD and Blu-ray disc authoring programs (DVD Architect). Either one of them is worth far more than the $25 on its own. And that's not counting the other programs and plugins that are thrown in.

bionicbob said:

It's all downloadable software, with no physical media. But there's no need to download it right away. Just create a Humble Bundle account and make the purchase, and the software download links and registration keys will stay permanently stored in your account. You can download and install them whenever you want.

avigayil

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I already had Movie Studio and I bought this bundle to upgrade to Pro, so I don't need the Movie Studio code I just got. If anybody wants it let me know.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only 10-hours left on the 'Vegas Pro 15 Edit' bundle!

I've just grabbed it. I'm still very happy with Vegas 14 but I thought what the hell at that price :)  it might have a few new features.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I'm still very happy with Vegas 14 but I thought what the hell at that price :)  it might have a few new features.

It does. It even comes with a LUT plugin.

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A new Vegas 15 bundle is up now on Humble Bundle. The top tier includes Vegas 15 Edit, Vegas Architect (seems to be the new name for the non-Studio version of DVD Architect) and a Hitfilm plugin set.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^^ Yes! Been waiting for an opportunity to get Architect  :cool:

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have Vegas 14 and Architect Studio, but at this price I'll upgrade because the built-in multi track audio (and 5.1 support) in Architect will be worth it.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's worth saying that once again you can get one of the top home editing programs (and arguably the top authoring program) worth hundreds of dollars for just $25, to keep forever, DRM-free, with all the features, no further subscription fees etc. $25 and it's all yours. I can confirm that there is no catch and no downside. Get it while you can people :) .

Siliconmaster

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Noticed this thread today, and I second the opinion that DVD Architect is a great authoring program. And most importantly, it's more up to date than Encore and doesn't introduce additional pauses on the ends of disk menus.

Top Bottom