• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

INVASION - Flash, Arrow & Legends Movie

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Invasion.jpg

coming really, really soon.... :D

EDIT: It's released! lol! Scroll down to post #7 ;)

Last edited:
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Is this an edit based on the DCTV Crossover?

Yep.  Altered name in post to more correctly reflect source.  :p

Will this be a edit based off the first or second dctv crossover

gazza said:

I think this will answer your question..... :)

Last edited:
bionicbob said:
gazza said:

I think this will answer your question.....  :)

http://https://vimeo.com/247248152[/video]

Looks great. 

I did an edit of this last year, its a bit sloppy looking back at it.
uMdfo5l.png

I always planned on going back and finishing it, but now it looks like I won't have to. Are you cutting or adding anything?

Preamble..... Originally, I had no intention of releasing this fan edit. I pretty much consider myself retired from fan editing, having little time or attention span to commit to long term projects. But after watching the recent CRISIS ON EARTH-X, I was so thrilled and excited, that I decided to take a quick crack at the previous year's Arrowverse crossover Invasion, if for no other reason, so I would not have to switch discs LOL.

My approach was simple, keep this Barry and Oliver's story. Anything else that does not drive the main plot, gets jettisoned. By doing this, two subplots were immediately cut... Wally West being held back by his sister Iris and the second timeline anomaly arc featuring Professor Stein and his daughter.

The other big (if not the biggest) cut was to the Arrow instalment. As a 100th Episode Anniversary show, it works very well. As the pivotal second chapter in the Invasion arc, it pretty much stops the story dead. So I really tried to cut anything out that was not vital to Oliver figuring out he was in Dominator Matrix and his quest to get out. Hopefully, this way Oliver comes across smarter and more driven. In the end, I cut the Arrow episode down from 42minutes to 27minutes.

The only things I added to the edit is a scene from Legends with Nate getting his Steel costume and the team being summoned back to 2016 and a very brief flashback of Barry saving his mother.

In the end, I able to cut the original runtime from 126minutes to 100minutes.

The biggest challenge as always with modern tv edits, is working around the title cards and commercial breaks. This was accomplished a couple of ways. For commercial breaks, hiding the cuts and suggesting a passage of time by adding transitional music cues and inserting new scene establishment shots. For title cards, a combination of the previous editing method and zooming in/reframing. It should be noted, this edit is SD. So the zoom in shots will look a bit soft.

And there you have it. As I said, I did this edit quickly and for myself. So it may not be as polished as it could be. But I had a lot of fun doing it and thought maybe some others may have fun with it too? :)

This is a VIMEO ONLY release.
password: Invasion

Last edited:
Will check it out!
Are u planning on doing one for the latest crossover? It definitely will be easier since it really ran like a long movie.

paruco said:
Will check it out!
Are u planning on doing one for the latest crossover? It definitely will be easier since it really ran like a long movie.

Maybe.

Currently editing for myself the 3 part Legends of Tomorrow pilot -- now entitled THE SAVAGE SEVENTIES.  If I finish it and if I like it, I will share it too.  :D

bionicbob said:
paruco said:
Will check it out!

Maybe.

Currently editing for myself the 3 part Legends of Tomorrow pilot -- now entitled THE SAVAGE SEVENTIES.  If I finish it and if I like it, I will share it too.  :D

3 part? Wasn't it just 2?

Also, if you could include this deleted scene, it'd be neat

Bobson Dugnutt said:

3 part? Wasn't it just 2?

[/quote]

While the pilot is officially two parts, the actual 1970s arc is three, with the third dealing with the aftermath of Hawkman's death, Hawkgirl's injuries and Savage's obsession with the Hawks.  ;)

Review left on Eye-Eff-Dee-Bee:

This was a heck of a lot of fun to watch! I actually hadn't seen anything from The Flash or Arrow or any of those shows (I purchased the individual episodes on iTunes) so I was looking forward to a Bionic Fanedition to show me the way. The only regret I have is that I didn't at least watch the Flashpoint episodes, but no big deal as I'm going to check out those next along with other "greatest hits" from these shows. Thank you for sharing this Bob, I think it's a worthy addition to your catalogue.

9/10

Thanks @"Neglify" !!!   :D

Always great to receive a review from you!  :)

Thank You @drvrjon for taking the time to post a review. Very much appreciated. :giggle:

This edit was a lot of fun to make. The biggest challenge was trying to make it both "stand alone" and as you mentioned, "faster paced".
To accomplish this, I think I cut over 30 minutes of the middle ARROW episode, which stops the cross over dead in its tracks due to it being the show's 100th episode celebration. Also, sadly, I had to cut the entire subplot of Dr. Stein's time paradox daughter.

@Nightwing8587 strikes again! Thanks for the kind review. I am a big Arrowverse fan too.

I keep starting to tackle the other crossovers, but continually seem to get side tracked lol

But I am determined to do Crisis on Infinite Earths one day. 🤞 😁

THANK YOU @DirtyCop1036 for your review.

Nice catch that the STAR Hanger is modelled on the Super-Friends' Hall of Justice.
The producers and writers of all the Arrowverse shows are clearly big fans of DC Heroes and their various incarnations both on screen and on the page. Along with doing loose adaptations of many comic book storylines, they always find ways to sneak in various fun Easter Eggs and tributes, which as a long time fan I really enjoy. :)

THANKS for the posted review @TinyBreadMouse :giggle:

...and while the Arrow episode was still my favorite content within,

I find that absolutely fascinating since that was the most heavily edited/altered portion of the fan edit. I believe I cut almost 20-25 minutes from the Arrow episode? In it's original form, this was the 100th Episode Celebration show and as an anniversary story, it is great with tons of wonderful character beats. I love it as a Stand Alone story. But as the second chapter in a three part story, it stopped the crossover dead in its tracks. So trying to distill that episode down to its core essence and still feel organic to the overall Invasion plotline caused me many new grey hairs. 🤪 But I think the end result was worth it LOL😂:giggle:

Wow, you couldn't tell at all. I thought the actual Arrow fight itself with all the villains was a bit wonky, but couldn't tell if it was the show or the editing. But I'd consider that a nitpick. Also, it helps that Oliver is so integral to the story right away. Like I said, it became sort of a blur, it never felt like any one show was on at a time until it got to the scenes with JUST the principal cast, but by that deep into the film I was just having a grand ol' time haha
Had so much fun it's making me want to actually rewatch the show. Checked on Netflix, I apparently stopped my last rewatch in season 2 when Laurel's addiction was really bad. May start soon, but of course it'll make me want to edit it down into a film on its own, ughhh

Checked on Netflix, I apparently stopped my last rewatch in season 2 when Laurel's addiction was really bad. May start soon, but of course it'll make me want to edit it down into a film on its own, ughhh
More Arrowverse fan edits?
YES PLEASE!! 😁

Back
Top Bottom