• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Daredevil - The Spence Edit

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
by Spence
What is it about? It's a dark superhero movie with less silly, campy moments.

original film name:Daredevil: The Director's Cut
new film name : Daredevil - The Spence Edit
film studio name : 20th Century Fox
edit crew name : Spence
Date Original Film Was Released : 2003
Date Edit Was Released : 2006
Original Runtime : 2 hrs. 13 min.
New Runtime : 1 hr. 53 min.
Amount of time Cut/Added : 20 minuts of footage removed, many scenes re-ordered.
Cuts removed/added/extended : Scenes that were unnecessary or silly, or felt untrue to the source material.
Extras: none.
Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original: It's shorter, most of the silly sequences are removed. This film now gives the Devil his due, in a matter of speaking. It's a dark superhero movie with less silly, campy moments. Here are the list of edits
* Shorter running time (1 hr. 56 min.)
* The opening scene of DD in the church is removed. The film begins with Matt in the court room with Quesada.
* Origin story is spread out throughout the film and is much, much shorter.
* The Matt/Elektra playground fight is a lot shorter and a lot less ridiculous.
* The Kingpin's hip-hop introduction is cut.
* That horrible CGI shot of DD kicking Bullseye is a lot shorter.
* That horrid Evanescence song is removed from the Elektra training scene. It is now replaced with "Session" by Linkin Park, which fits the sequence very well. Before everyone moans about Linkin Park, this song is instrumental.
* Most of Matt's voice overs are removed, except for the stuff towards the end.
* This is kind of trivial, but it always bothered me: When Ben Urich hits delete on his keyboard to erase his story, he taps it once and erases the whole story, rather than holding it down. I have now changed it so it looks like he holds the button down. It's stupid, but it always annoyed me.
* A few little cuts and trims and re-ordering of shots, to keep the pace and make everything work.

Time needed for the edition: 2 weeks planning: 1 week editing: 4 days sound editing: 3

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

All of the files seem to be offline.

And no narration either. How can we know what is going on without narration? :p

Thanks to Havok for reuploading this one, I have now uploaded it to Mega and have submitted the DLCs to Info.

Neglify said:
Thanks to Havok for reuploading this one, I have now uploaded it to Mega and have submitted the DLCs to Info.

:yo:

Back
Top Bottom