• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Lies of Sherlock

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
833adadb73431f86b1642897ea871456-sherlock-poster-sherlock-serie.jpg

What's it about Alfie?

The epic saga begun in the seminal "The Fall of Sherlock" by @"ranger613" , and continued in @"theryaney"'s brilliant "Return of Sherlock" and "The Vow of Sherlock", comes to a close as I, Zarius, return to the Sherlock franchise for "The Lies of Sherlock", an edit combining the final two episodes of series four, "The Lying Detective" and "The Final Problem"

Changes

-Feature now opens with the joining of two scenes: the pre-titles and the scene revealing Mrs. Hudson arriving at John's home with Sherlock stashed in the car. 

-Removal of Sherlock's encounter with Euros in the guise of Culverton Smith's daughter (their encounter still happened and is referenced, we just don't see a lot of it, as most of is just Sherlock showing off and feeling the affects of his depression and drug addiction)

-Fade out from after Sherlock hugs a grieving John removed, replaced with a cross fade.

-Pre-credits of Final Problem used to bridge the gap between Lying Detective and The Final Problem.

-The "death by drone" sequence, and Sherlock, John and Mycroft arriving at Sherringford in disguise removed

-Edit ends on John saying "it is what it is". Final montage and Mary's narration cut

-Opening Credits removed for both episodes.

;)

Well, here we are. :)

That cutlist is quite short, do you have a runtime goal? 

Anyway, will of course be looking forward to this.

theryaney said:
;)

Well, here we are. :)

That cutlist is quite short, do you have a runtime goal?

The current version clocks in at 2 hours, 17 minutes :)

Yeah, it is quite a minimalist cut, but I enjoy so much out of the original versions I figured  I'd keep most of it in.

Went through two drafts so far, and I've altered the scene with Sherlock and John embracing and removed the fade out, replaced with a simple cross fade. I was tempted to put the corrie theme in the panning shot, but sanity prevailed. :D :p

Alright. The runtie sounds good. Any clips maybe about the bridging of TLD and TFP?

theryaney said:
Alright. The runtie sounds good. Any clips maybe about the bridging of TLD and TFP?

Sure, here it is

password: sherlock

Zarius said:
theryaney said:

Sure, here it is

password: sherlock

Pretty smooth. Well done.

Thanks.

Lying Detective does work better with just 50 minutes of it. I don't think you'' feel too lost at all. :)

Annnnnnd we're done. Screener copies sent to those who have helped me with feedback and cover art. :)

Edit released and thread moved.

sherlockbrett-sherlock-dapper.gif

Just in case people are wondering where it went on IFDB, I modified the entry to include the cutlist and changes, which I forgot to add when I wrote it initially. It ahould be up again shortly.

Fantastic! I finally got the time, and it was blast. A great combination of the two episodes, as well as trimming for the episodes. I loved all the cuts and transitions, and they were all done flawlessly. :)

Only one caught my attention, the first was at the end of TLD, at around the 1 hour mark, where Sherlock says "It is what it is.", but his words just fade into the next audio cue of the next scene in the transition.

Overall, an impressive edit by Zarius. Enjoyed every bit mate. ;)

I'll put out a review too.

theryaney said:
Fantastic! I finally got the time, and it was blast. A great combination of the two episodes, as well as trimming for the episodes. I loved all the cuts and transitions, and they were all done flawlessly. :)

Only one caught my attention, the first was at the end of TLD, at around the 1 hour mark, where Sherlock says "It is what it is.", but his words just fade into the next audio cue of the next scene in the transition.

Overall, an impressive edit by Zarius. Enjoyed every bit mate. ;)

Thanks, looking forward to your review :) 

Yeah, that bit was pretty difficult and I thought enough of what he said was clear before the fade. If I left it how it was without the fade on there would have been a noticable abruptness when the audio cut off, It sounded alright on my end so I took a shot in the dark at it. At least it did'nt seem to affect your enjoyment. To be honest, the transistion did'nt really require a cross fade on reflection. I probably should have left it as it was. Maybe I'll fix it for later versions.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom