• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that a little pic called Avengers: Infinity War, releasing next year, will garner enough posts to merit its own thread. So, here goes:

4fefb4c9-7040-4eeb-8e90-511a3d3869fe.jpg

Infinity-war-banner.png

As for the preview, I haven't watched it, because I like to go in to such things as cold as possible. But! I have some thoughts nonetheless.

bionicbob said:
Or is it one look at Thanos, and I groan "...another video gamey CGI badguy"? 

Eh, I'm glad they're going CG. Oscar Isaacs is an awesome actor, and he gave a good performance as Apocalypse, but I always thought the character should've been CG. Pushing facial dimensions just beyond what actual people are capable of reaching, while at the same time remaining entirely humanoid, is key to making this kind of larger-than-life comic supervillain work, IMO:

apocalypse5-696x391.jpg

On the left, an incredible but weird and fussy makeup job on an actor. On the right, a freaky-ass monster.

Myself, yeah, I'm totally excited for the movie. There isn't a single MCU movie I don't at the very least like, and I don't expect to be let down now. :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Myself, yeah, I'm totally excited for the movie. There isn't a single MCU movie I don't at the very least like, and I don't expect to be let down now. :D

Exactly. Given their track record, I'd find it difficult to not be even a little excited to see the culmination of Marvel's years of groundwork. Ryan Coogler must be feeling the pressure on 'Black panther'... nobody wants to be the guy who made the one bad Marvel movie, just before 'Infinity War'.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Gaith said:

Exactly. Given their track record, I'd find it difficult to not be even a little excited to see the culmination of Marvel's years of groundwork. Ryan Coogler must be feeling the pressure on 'Black panther'... nobody wants to be the guy who made the one bad Marvel movie, just before 'Infinity War'.

No bad Marvel films? Did you forget about: Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Thor the Dark world? Then again, to be fair, I have not seen them for a while, maybe I should re-watch them.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So what's longer, an Infinity War or a Neverending Story?

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
TM2YC said:
Gaith said:

No bad Marvel films? Did you forget about: Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Thor the Dark world? Then again, to be fair, I have not seen them for a while, maybe I should re-watch them.

Well, they aren't too bad and are pretty likeable, although definitely not too good either.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
No bad Marvel films? Did you forget about: Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and Thor the Dark world?

I love all three of those movies, and they're all in my MCU top third. Iron Man 3 (Metacritic score: 62) needs no defense, but I love that it marries a credible portrait of PTSD to a satire of how the military-industrial complex feeds the War on Terror, and its Air Force One free-fall scene alone is a more thrilling rescue sequence than is found in any Superman movie. And I love how Iron Man 2 weaves the Cold War and Stark family backstory into the MCU's history, and find Sam Rockwell's Hammer as hilarious as Mickey Rourke is compelling. The Dark World, meanwhile, is a super-fun romp with awesome action, IMO. Personally, I greatly prefer all three to GotG Vol. 1, which I like just fine, but am not much interested in its characters or story.

wilhelm scream said:
Then again, to be fair, I have not seen them for a while, maybe I should re-watch them.

Perhaps...   :cool:

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Iron Man 2 may be worth a rewatch post-Civil War to see those world building elements.

The quality of Infinity War is going to hinge on Thanos. We know Marvel can make a good film, but until recently their roster of decent villains began and ended with Loki.

Considering he has been the end game this whole time. If he's just another MCU villain, Infinity War probably won't break the post-Logan bar.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:

I liked all three of those.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hated Thor in the cinema, but now I find it more funny for every rewatch. Thor 2 isn't at all bad, Iron Man 2 introduced Natalie from Accounting in a great way, but to me, Iron Man 3 is the weakest of the three singled out here.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love Iron Man 3 and Thor 1, like Thor 2, and am ok with Iron Man 2

emphatic said:
I hated Thor in the cinema, but now I find it more funny for every rewatch.

Why did you hate Thor 1? Or are you talking about Thor 2?

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know I"m probably going to be in a minority of one here but I don't think any of the Marvel movies are as good as Spiderman 2 and maybe X2 as well , Spidey 2 had a real heart to it that I always find lacking in the Marvel MCU. Havent seen the new Thor or GOTG2 though.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:
I know I"m probably going to be in a minority of one here but I don't think any of the Marvel movies are as good as Spiderman 2 and maybe X2 as well , Spidey 2 had a real heart to it that I always find lacking in the Marvel MCU. Havent seen the new Thor or GOTG2 though.

Iron Man 1, GotG 1 Spider-man:Homecoming, and Winter Soldier line up well ..... everything else lacks a lot of heart. There is some good movies not listed, but they are really just CGI slugfests.

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have to agree.  I too find Iron Man, Winter Soldier, Guardians and Homecoming to be the only ones up there.  I haven’t seen “Thor: Ragnarok” though and keep my expectations cautiously up for “Black Panther”.

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thor I. I just didn't understand the humor the first time.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For some reason, I only discovered this a few days ago, but it's pretty great:

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New (and probably final) trailer has dropped, and I have to admit it is pretty compelling.  After its trailers, I wasn’t as curious for “C.A.: Civil War” as I am for this one.  The idea of a “finale”… puts a smile on my face!  

Anyways… here it is!  Enjoy!   :p

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QwievZ1Tx-8[/video]

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sinbad said:

Consider myself in the minority!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, I've seen it, and boy do I have rambling thoughts that don't make much sense. Spoilers obviously. 

What an emotional rollercoaster. It has one heck of an opening scene. I seriously still can't believe that they definitvely killed Loki. His eyes bulged out of his head and he bled from his mouth, eyes and nose. Horrifying. Its a great reason to hate Thanos. It's a very full movie, but at no point did it feel bloated. There are a lot of characters, and some get more screentime than others, but its for the most part very well balanced (ha ha funny). When Gamora died, I was legitmately about to let out some manly tears like Thanos did beacause she was an amazing character and she is going to be missed if she is dead for good. Red Skull's appearence was suprising and random. 7 years and he shows up out of nowhere. I'm not sure if it was Hugo Weaving, but it was a nice little scene. All of the different stones are shown to be vastly different in ability unlike the previous films where most of them shot a laser or opened a portal. The Reality Stone in Thor: The Dark Thor didn't really do anything, but here it altered reality in creative and interesting ways. Thor has a lot going on here with him losing his father, brother, hammer, eye, home planet, friends and people of Asgard within the span of a few days maybe. Him trying to keep it all together talking to Rocket. And of course, when the snap finally happens, I couldn't believe it. Bucky just faded away and I was like "oh no". Then everyone started going. Peter going is what got to me. "I'm sorry Tony, I don't want to go". It really got me this poor kid my age just went up against this giant space monster and lost. It's killing me that I now have to wait a year to see how the story continues. 

Top Bottom