• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

rendering in sony vegas 9

Reaction score
Trophy Points
so i'm rendering to .wmv but there seems to be an after image when something is moving. i don't know what the term is. it's like some one is running and a partial ghost of him is following. you can really only notice it if you watch in slow motion.

any body know how to fix this?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bet good money that this is a framerate problem. It looks like this yes...?

2ivkz76.jpg

Check the framerate of the movie you are editing, then check your source file, then check your project has the same setting, then finally your output file. If any of them don't match up, that's the problem.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread moved to Tech section.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
you are the freaking king. i can't believe this. i love you. no homo.

i feel like the t1000 did when his head got split in half

i'm gonna go cut some onions and cry.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

2ivkz76.jpg

Check the framerate of the movie you are editing, then check your source file, then check your project has the same setting, then finally your output file. If any of them don't match up, that's the problem.

what if my project has many different frame rates. is there a way to render it and have it automatically switch frame rates as it renders?

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TTeerrmmiinnaattoorr said:
TM2YC said:

2ivkz76.jpg

what if my project has many different frame rates. is there a way to render it and have it automatically switch frame rates as it renders?

It may involve a fair amount of work, but the best solution would be to convert all your sources to the same framerate, or if that's not possible for some reason, to locate alternate sources with matching framerates.

Anything else is going to be messy, because at least some of your sources won't match your project settings so you'll end up with them being incorrectly processed during rendering.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh boy...

I+say+it+flew+it+flew+right+by+ya+like+_4c0a57dd2933057a40f43ac95d1eaf16.jpg

please do not render to gif or flv.

If rendering to a high-definition delivery format from Vegas, use one of the MP4 options.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
oh boy...

I+say+it+flew+it+flew+right+by+ya+like+_4c0a57dd2933057a40f43ac95d1eaf16.jpg

please do not render to gif or flv.

If rendering to a high-definition delivery format from Vegas, use one of the MP4 options.

great idea. thanks!

in the mp4 option there is a box saying: allow source to adjust framerate. 

how about m2ts or avc?

the other problem i have now is i can't join the rendered segments together. the video joiner i have only does wmv. does any one know of a good mp4 joiner?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do not allow it to adjust the framerate.

M2TS is a container (much like MP4 or MKV). AVC is a codec for your video streams. M2TS, MP4, and MKV can all contain AVC video streams

MKVmerge (part of MKVtoolnix) allows you to append videos in a single file. Your output will be MKV. Why are you rendering out sections to join up later? You would save yourself some hassle if you just rendered out the project in one file.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Do not allow it to adjust the framerate.

M2TS is a container (much like MP4 or MKV). AVC is a codec for your video streams. M2TS, MP4, and MKV can all contain AVC video streams

MKVmerge (part of MKVtoolnix) allows you to append videos in a single file. Your output will be MKV. Why are you rendering out sections to join up later? You would save yourself some hassle if you just rendered out the project in one file.

vegas can not handle my project in one file. i don't know if it's my computer or the program.

so should i render to mp4 m2ts or avc?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It doesn't matter. You may find MP4 easier to work with.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
It doesn't matter. You may find MP4 easier to work with.

my project has all kinds of different frame rates. so should i render each segment that has different framerates and then join them together. but i'm wondering how the joining program would handle that? would the end video file have several frame rates or what?

my other question is what is wrong with wmv?

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
TM2YC said:

2ivkz76.jpg

It may involve a fair amount of work, but the best solution would be to convert all your sources to the same framerate, or if that's not possible for some reason, to locate alternate sources with matching framerates.

Anything else is going to be messy, because at least some of your sources won't match your project settings so you'll end up with them being incorrectly processed during rendering.

how do i convert all my sources to the same framerate. do you know of a good free framerate converter?

That One Guy

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That One Guy said:
TM2YC said:

2ivkz76.jpg

how do i convert all my sources to the same framerate. do you know of a good free framerate converter?

I have done this with VirtualDub myself and it has worked reliably for several projects - if deinterlacing is required you can also do this at the same time (check your sourcd with GSpot or MediaInfo if you're not sure). Captain Khajiit has posted lots of guidance on doing this sort of thing with AviSynth, which also works well.

Top Bottom