• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Converting to DLC?

Jnisch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anybody have any advice or specifics on converting a file to .dlc? I'd like to do it in order to convert my finished fanmix and submit it. Surprisingly google is not as helpful as I thought.

If not, how do other more experienced people condense there files for submission? Just a zip file? Thank you.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A dlc file is only a container of links. To create one, you need to load your links into jdownloader, put them into the same link folder, then create a dlc file from that folder.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jnisch said:
Anybody have any advice or specifics on converting a file to .dlc? I'd like to do it in order to convert my finished fanmix and submit it. Surprisingly google is not as helpful as I thought.

If not, how do other more experienced people condense there files for submission? Just a zip file? Thank you.

Like DigMod said, a dlc is a container for links. When you submit an edit is not needed to be put into a dlc. A dlc is usually used for submitting to a certain Fanedit website with a domain called info. Usually we don't need to compress it, an mp4 or a zip file should work for your purposes.

But, if you do want to make a dlc to submit to info, then follow DigMod's instructions.

Also, would be nice if you were to make a thread about your edit here to explain it to other members. :) (In The Works should be the appropriate place even if it's finished)

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I always think it prudent to password protect the dlc, but not all editors do so.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't.  What does that accomplish?

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As I mentioned, not all editors do so.
Nevertheless, thank you for asking, Mr Frink!
Two reasons come to mind straight away.
First, since the password most use is "Faneidt" or "Fanedit . org" or a similar variation, that provides a bit of advertising for the site!
More traffic is always to be encouraged, yes?
Second, believe it or not, there are rival fanediting sites out there.
Now, their names don't some to mind at present, but I am certain other members can remind us.
A password will provide slight protection from a nefarious soul appropriating the links and passing the hard work off as their own.
That is something we can all applaud, yes?
I mean, no one likes to see someone take credit for another's efforts.
Then again, I could be wrong.  Perhaps I am too cynical.
What do you think?

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eh, I guess.  Once an edit is out in the wild it's out in the wild, I don't think a password makes a ton of difference either way.

Not trying to dissuade anyone from using one, I just don't think it's necessary.  Personal choice on my end.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
First, since the password most use is "Faneidt"

No wonder I have been having so much trouble! I should have been checking faneidt . org !

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Vultural said:
First, since the password most use is "Faneidt"

No wonder I have been having so much trouble! I should have been checking faneidt . org !

Ohhhhh and I was stupidly going to digital-faneidt . ! .

Top Bottom